Medical Support Executive
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
Yayasan Noora Health (YNH) was established in 2023 to implement the evidence based and globally recognized Care Companion Program (CCP).
YNH is affiliated to and works closely with Noora Health, a US based health systems strengthening organization, that designed, developed, and implements the Care Companion Program. The CCP focuses on training and empowering family members of patients across the health system, equipping them with high-impact health skills required to become impactful caregivers to their loved ones and enable their recovery at home. The CCP is currently implemented at >500 health facilities in India and Bangladesh.
YNH will support and assist the Indonesian public health system to implement CCP across city, district, provincial, and national levels, thereby enabling improvements in health outcomes for patients and improved quality of health services and care delivery.
According to Noora Health’s discussions with East Java health provincial office and as per the MoU between Noora Health and District of Pamekasan on Care Companion Program Implementation, YNH will conduct a TOT (Training Of Trainers) for Health workers (Nurses/midwives/bidans) in order to train caregivers across East Java.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are in search of an experienced nurse who has strong medical knowledge and excellent leadership qualities to respond to user questions on our Remote Engagement Service (RES) platform. RES is a mobile-based messaging service for patients and their caregivers that empowers them towards healthy behaviors. You will play a key role in the development and functioning of RES in Indonesia. See our one-pager on RES service in India here. You will:
Respond to patient questions on our digital platform:
- Respond to health-related questions that are submitted via our Remote Engagement Service platform (WhatsApp/IVRS). Questions may pertain to multiple condition areas such as Maternal and Child Health, Non-Communicable Diseases, Surgical Care, Tuberculosis, etc.
- Escalate high-priority questions based on triaging protocols.
- Audit various responses to ensure they meet quality and efficiency standards.
- Manage and report platform glitches to our Platforms and Engineering team.
Develop the two-way response system in RES:
- Support in developing a knowledge base of questions and answers.
- Conduct user calls to understand needs and behaviors and collect feedback.
- Support in hiring additional medical support executives on the team.
- Maintain and share data and reports on RES two-way response system.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Nursing or Medicine.
- At least two years of experience working in a clinical setting.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Bahasa and English (preferable).
- Working proficiency with MS Office Suite; Comfortable using android phones, laptops, web browsers, Gmail, and other popular online websites.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-accountable.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with team members at varying levels of management.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.