Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Medical Lead should be committed towards, and passionate about, public and community health and ready to join our dynamic team of creative designers, public health experts, and behavioral researchers in order to advance the Care Companion Program. . The Medical Lead will own and lead the process of ensuring all clinical messaging across Noora Health’s content areas/product lines is evidence-based, up to date, clinically accurate and relevant, and aligns with Noora’s theory of change and the behavioral outcomes we're trying to achieve.
The Medical Lead will also work closely with the Remote Engagement Service team (Noora Health’s WhatsApp, IVRS, teletraining platforms) to ensure that we are developing clinically effective protocols to reinforce behaviors and drive engagement that is consistent with the larger program goals and in line with the country-specific digital health policies.
Overall, this individual leads the team of medical content managers and writers and owns the development of the medical content and program curriculum for all condition areas. Broadly the roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
Medical Strategy and Curriculum Development:
- Own and drive the development of the Medical Strategy for all medical condition areas. Ensure alignment of the medical strategy to the Theory of Change for the program
- Define the intended medical and behavior change outcomes for the program by studying and researching local guidelines, government priorities, and addressing the needs of the local health system and users.
- Visit public health facilities and conduct needs assessments to understand patient needs, perspectives and challenges, prevalence of diseases, current behaviours and practices and how they can be addressed via the health education curriculum
- Keep up-to-date with the latest guidelines, government priorities and research around health behaviors and practices
- Develop the Health Education Curriculum based on Needs Finding insights and secondary research (literature reviews, review of scientific and clinical guidelines)
- Ensures that the content is written in an easily understandable way that can be adapted by the Health Communications team for effective behaviour change impact.
- Work with the Design, Communications, Product and Training teams to ensure that the medical strategy translates to visual tools, illustrations, training tools and digital follow-up services
- Work closely with the Remote Engagement Service team (Noora’s WhatsApp, IVRS, teletraining platforms) to ensure that we are developing clinically effective protocols to reinforce behaviors and drive engagement that is consistent with the larger program goals and in line with the country-specific digital health policies
- Reviews medical content written by the medical and communications writers, training and research teams for medical accuracy and “signs off” based on medical correctness.
- Reviews illustrations to ensure medical accuracy and appropriateness.
Content testing and Program Iterations
- Leads iterations of content based on new guidelines, evaluation outcomes, feedback from the field
- Participates in Feedback collection & Testing of medical content to check the efficacy of the health education curriculum
- Lead a team of mid to senior level medical writers and content managers to develop programs and content across multiple condition areas
- Be a strong advocate for medical and behavior change communication in a quickly growing organization consisting of varied talents and perspectives
- Alongside Yayasan Noora Health Indonesia’s core team, serve as a liaison to government and non-government partners and ensure alignment with government policies.
- Demonstrate the clinical need and alignment of our program to stakeholder priorities and Noora Health’s unique approach to curriculum development.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Public health professional with Medical/Clinical training (Bachelor or Doctor of Medical Science)
- 10 years of total experience in public health or in the development sector, with 3 years of clinical experience in government facilities
- Experience in behavior change communication, medical writing, preparing training materials, etc
- Experience working in digital health interventions/ awareness of digital health policies and standards
- Empathetic and curious about communicating with diverse audiences
- Experience in managing multiple fast-paced projects with tight timelines
- Excellent collaboration and problem solving skills. Prior experience of working in cross-functional teams, and leading a team.
- Being multilingual. Proficiency in one or more local dialects is a plus (specifically Madura and Javanese)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Docs, Spreadsheets) and Google suite
- Willing to live and work in Jakarta and travel to project sites as required within Indonesia
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.