Health Communications Manager
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead development of communication content, in consultation with public health experts, clinicians, and designers. Serve as the go-to resource in the organization for health communications writing. This can include developing social behavior change strategies or creative briefs
- Conduct desk research, on-field needs-finding, and user research around programs from a content perspective to understand enablers and barriers to health behaviors, and contribute to insights to inform the creation of our health education curriculum
- Draft and write content with best practices from social behavior change communication practices for effective health communications messaging. These messages will be delivered through classroom-like settings (e.g. handouts, flipcharts) or digital channels (e.g. Whatsapp, SMS, IVRS.)
- Write with the audience in mind so the content and collateral meets the audience where they are at. Our audience are those that access care in public health settings, and may have limited health literacy.
- Provide final review to ensure content considers storytelling, best social behavior change communication practices, and user research.
- Interact with experts to create, prepare drafts and update the health education content of our health communication tools.
- Liaise with the creative design team to ensure visuals, tone format, and other collateral components align with intended messaging.
- Plan for and lead the testing of health messaging/ tools to validate the effectiveness of the material
- Work closely with the design, implementation, and research team to incorporate learnings and link insights that can make our programs better
- Copy-edit for final materials to ensure a high-quality copy.
- Build and manage the health communications team in the organization, to support all expected program deliverables
- Participate in strategic planning and project meetings with internal teams and partner organizations, including liaising with the government stakeholders as and when needed
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of at least 8 years in strategic communication, behaviour change
- Graduate degree in Communication, Behaviour Change or equivalent.
- Experience with social behavior change/health communication theory
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work seamlessly as part of a diverse team including designers, technologists, trainers and medical professionals
- Excellent document/report writing skills in English to draft initial text and copy for health communications content
- Close attention to detail while reviewing drafts and finalizing content
- Able to manage feedback streams and iterate communication materials accordingly
- Experience working in digital health interventions/ awareness of digital health policies and standards is an added bonus
- Being multilingual. Proficiency in one or more local dialects is a plus (specifically Madura and Javanese)
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite
- Experience with managing fast-paced projects with tight timelines
- Comfortable traveling to government health facilities and homes of users within Indonesia as needed
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.