Brand Design Lead
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We seek a motivated, creative, and obsessed-with-the-details designer who has a passion for health-focused work and a heart for social impact to join our Brand and Communications Team.
A Brand Design Lead plays a crucial role in shaping and maintaining a company's brand identity. They are responsible for overseeing the visual aspects of a brand and ensuring consistency across all brand-related materials.
This role is meant for an experienced designer and curious problem solver. Ideal candidates are motivated to collaborate across both global time zones and multidisciplinary teams composed of designers, public health experts, writers, and researchers to create, produce, and oversee factually accurate, culturally sensitive,
and engaging content.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and execute a comprehensive brand strategy that aligns with the company's goals and values.
- Ensure that all design work follows brand guidelines and standards, and maintain a library of brand assets for easy reference.
- Lead the design process for various brand assets, including social media, print and digital materials (quarterly and annual reports, one-pagers, etc.), website design, presentations, flyers, notable decks, events, and more.
- On occasions like annual reports, anniversary milestones, and team retreats, generate innovative design concepts that resonate with the target audience and reflect the brand's personality.
- Coordinate design tasks with DTP operator, as well as print and production partners, providing feedback, setting priorities, and fostering a collaborative creative environment.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and competitor branding to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Oversee multiple design projects simultaneously, from concept to completion, ensuring they meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Effectively manage and communicate tight deadlines, and time-sensitive daily requests.
- Act as a brand ambassador both internally and externally, promoting brand consistency and understanding among employees and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all brand design work adheres to copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the brand's visual elements are integrated seamlessly into digital products and platforms.
- Manage photography projects in coordination with the internal and external photographers.
- Support organization in building and compiling a digital photography database.
- Effectively communicate with teammates from other disciplines across the organization, both in-person and remotely.
WHO ARE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5-7+ years of work experience in visual communication design/graphic design, preferably in an agency, non-profit, or start-up environment.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in designing for social media and digital marketing communications expressions; and a keen eye focused on the latest innovations in social media graphic design and digital communication design.
- Experience working on branded materials, especially long format content.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication or a related field.
- Fluent in one Indian language (two languages is a significant plus), in addition to English.
- Experience with remote work and collaboration with teammates across time zones.
- Hands-on experience in using design softwares, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and After Effects; willingness to bring new things to the table.
- Some experience with coding, web design, and animation is a significant plus.
- Illustration experience is also valued. Video editing skills are a bonus.
- Experienced in print production and digital design.
- Attention to visual details, highly motivated, proactive, and experience working with minimal supervision; ability to meet deadlines collaboratively.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.