Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT THE INDIA PLATFORMS TEAM WILL DO
The India Program Design & Development (PDD) team will lead the design and development of various interventions in India, including digital platforms. The Platforms team is housed within Program Design & Development and will lead the strategy, development, and implementation of digital products and services. Check out some of the products that Noora Health is currently building.
The Platforms team prides itself in being closest to users and using data and technology to solve for user needs sustainably and at scale. We strive to become thought leaders and innovators in using cutting edge technology to enable advancement of outcomes in public health.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Platforms Lead will provide strategic planning, guidance, and technical mentorship for all tech-based initiatives in India. You will particularly focus on building and scaling our Remote Engagement Service (a follow-up messaging service for patients and caregivers) and Health Educator Platform (a monitoring and support platform for frontline trainers). You will lead a team of product managers and product operations specialists. You will work closely with other Leads – Program Delivery, Medical, Creative, Health Communications, and Service & System Design – to integrate platforms into overall programs. You will be the torch bearer of technology innovation and adoption within Noora’s programs in India that advances organizational goals.
Support in developing strategy for digital products in India:
- Assess programmatic needs and build a comprehensive strategy for remote engagement and health educator platforms for the next 2-3 years.
- Understand competitive landscape of similar digital health platforms in India and accordingly help define product roadmaps for our offerings.
- Anchor discussions with partners and government stakeholders to pitch our tech offerings as well as leverage synergies to fast-track development and scaling.
- Ensure that all our products and technology offerings are compliant with local state/country laws.
Develop user-centered products and implement effective development processes:
- Define the product development lifecycle as it applies to our context, including setting up of processes, roadmaps, and relevant documentation.
- Lead needs-finding, prototyping, development, and testing for digital products in India, ensuring product usefulness and usability.
- Define the team’s KPIs, milestones, and deliverables, ensuring high levels of internal communication on planning and execution of these schedules.
- Liaise with internal teams to align on timelines and deliverables.
Lead the platforms team:
- Own talent management, assessing skills needed to develop high quality solutions.
- Manage talent acquisition and development with a long-term view in mind - set up processes, manage expectations and churn within the team.
- Manage and mentor product managers, medical support executives, tele trainers, and technology operations engineers, upskilling and training on best practices.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
The right candidate will have prior experience in building and scaling digital products and managing product and technical teams, basic knowledge of software environments and applications, and passion to use technology to solve some of the hardest problems in healthcare.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Management, Product Management, Software Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Data Science, or similar.
- 8 - 10 years of experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams across different verticals to deliver top-quality digital products.
- Awareness of the technological landscape - ability to understand existing trends, and a keen eye for emerging ones.
- Excellent skills in strategic planning, technical mentorship, and product development.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you enjoy bringing clarity to chaos.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with team members at varying levels of management.
- Experience working in creative, human-centered culture and cross-cultural design, and excited to use your talents in a social impact context.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.