Creative Content Associate
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Draft and write creative and insightful content for effective health communications messaging in a communicative language (Bengali and English). These messages will be delivered in different platforms, i.e. classroom-like settings (e.g. handouts, flipcharts) or digital channels (e.g. WhatsApp, SMS, IVRS).
- Design campaigns, and write content and collateral in a way so that they are easily understandable to the audience and nudges them to adopt healthy practices and health seeking behaviours. Our audience are those that access care in public health settings, and may have limited health literacy.
- Interact with medical experts to understand the nuances of a medical condition and work on the medical content outline through a creative lens to develop health education behaviour change content for our
- Liaise with the visual and design team to ensure visuals, tone, and other collateral components align with intended messaging.
- Translate medical and health communications materials (WhatsApp messages, print media content etc) into and from English and Bengali as required.
- Participate in the testing of health messaging/ tools to validate the effectiveness of the material. Work closely with the design, implementation, and research team to incorporate learnings and refine communication products.
- Conduct review and other desk research of existing health communication material for best practices and inspiration.
- Translate WhatsApp responses from our users from Bengali to English and vice versa, with a short turnaround time, so that we can respond to the queries raised by patients and families and support them as part of our WhatsApp service.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2-3 years of experience in content writing, creative copywriting, writing for people-centric campaigns on public health related issues, rural development, Government schemes or other development thematic areas
- Excellent creative writing skills in English/Bengali to draft copy for health communication collaterals
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work seamlessly as part of a diverse team including designers, analysts, and educators from Bangladesh, India and overseas
- Close attention to detail while reviewing drafts and finalising content
- Able to work collaboratively with team members and on your own when needed
- Able to manage feedback streams and iterate communication materials accordingly
- Prior experience of working on communication campaigns for NGOs, Multi/bi-lateral agencies, Development sector, Centre or State Government is an added bonus
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.