Project Manager - Creative Design
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This role requires you to work closely with the Roadmap Management team at Noora Health, to manage the pipeline of creative design projects, including project scoping, planning, and resource management to ensure alignment with larger program deliverables and timelines.
Cross-team Project Management:
- Coordinate and designate incoming design projects, and any general administrative tasks, to ensure the team is aligned and focused.
- Understand and document stakeholder requirements, expectations, and feedback.
- Manage project communication between the creative team and rest of the internal teams/ stakeholders (like medical, communications, implementation, training etc).
- Anticipate the project team’s needs, and help manage day-to-day coordination e.g. scheduling review meetings, organizing and managing logistical needs etc.
- Monitor progress and adjust schedules as needed to meet project timelines.
Risk Management and Quality control:
- Develop and drive systems (team check-ins, project documentation methods) to clearly communicate project progress, decisions, risks, and dependencies.
- Address issues and roadblocks as they arise, in consultation with the Creative Lead, to keep the project moving forward effectively.
- Help conduct reviews and quality checks at various project milestones in consultation with the Creative Lead, to ensure team outputs align with project objectives, and meet quality standards.
- Support the team in visual design work on projects as needed.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Help to build and maintain the design repository, ensuring all design files are updated and accessible to the organization.
- Maintain project documentation, (including design briefs, project plans, and status reports), and deliver regular project status updates to stakeholders.
Innovation and Process Improvement:
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in design and project management (eg. best practices or playbooks, design principles).
- Continuously seek ways to improve project processes and workflows.
- Conduct post-project reviews to identify areas for improvement, and support in quality management.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We seek a highly organized, strategic, detail-oriented Creative Design Manager to fulfill the requirements listed above, who has demonstrated a commitment to human-centered design, social impact, and healthcare. In addition, we are looking for
- 1-3 years experience in Program/ project management, planning design projects with a start and end date, and preparing the project timeline through specific project management methodologies and tools, like the Gantt Chart.
- Experience working as/ closely to visual designers, illustrators, and deep understanding of the creative process.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative suite and/or similar design softwares.
- Skilled communicator with experience building consensus, driving change as well as communicating and/ or presenting effectively with different levels of leadership.
- Skilled at spotting early potential risks that might delay the project.
- Willingness to be a team player and contributing member to the design team.
- A proactive self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude to problem solving, bias for action while being comfortable with changing priorities.
- Experience working in creative, human-centered culture and cross-cultural design, and excited to use your talents in a social impact context will be a plus.
- Fluency in one Indian language (two languages is a significant plus), in addition to English.
- Experience using project management software such as Trello, Asana, Jira.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.