Senior Design Researcher
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with the Shared Program Design and Development team, comprising of visual design, illustration, health communications experts, to identify gaps and opportunities for Design Research projects.
- Plan for Design Research by devising the DR plan, creating recruitment briefs when necessary, drafting questions and/or designing innovative activities that lead to a deeper understanding of the user(s) and stakeholders.
- Collect stories and document research findings in an organized manner, and share back learnings synthesized to deliver specific next steps.
- Develop a deep understanding of Noora Health’s programs (including medical/public health context, implementation realities, constraints etc) so that insights and findings can be contextualized.
- Conduct design research activities in all Noora Health countries, and liaise with external vendors for similar projects as needed, in concise time bound projects with a definite start and end.
- Actively participate in, and eventually lead, design research analysis and synthesis to yield and present recommendations from the research.
- Work closely with the Learning & Sharing team at Noora Health to create synchronicity between Design Research and other learning based projects (e.g. testing and feedback for existing programs).
- Design and support the execution of research activities for rapid feedback collection, in collaboration with the Learning & Sharing team, once a service / product has been launched in the field.
- Support design research related capacity building in the organization, for other functional teams from diverse backgrounds such as program implementation, training, medical etc.
- Act as a project manager for all design research activities under Shared Programs.
- Work with minimal supervision but requires contact with Senior, Lead or Director levels.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s degree in design/ behavior change/psychology or similar fields, followed by 2-4 years of experience in Design Research, Design Strategy, or Social Design, OR an undergraduate degree followed by at least 6-8 years of experience in above mentioned fields.
- Experience of independently leading or conducting design research activities for at least 3-4 projects/ products/ services, as well as using the output to make informed design-led decisions.
- Good communication skills, proficiency in English and one additional language (relevant to Noora Health’s portfolio countries) is required, multilingual proficiency is a plus.
- Ability to, and experience of, working seamlessly in the Impact sector or Public Health domain.
- Proactiveness in anticipating challenges/opportunities and working with the team to address the same.
- Strong communication and time management skills to stay on track with timelines and effectively troubleshoot challenges to move projects forward.
- Deep care for facilitating dignified, equitable design research experiences that are additive and not extractive to participants and the ability to thoughtfully touch upon diverse topics.
- Experience with community building and collaborating across a range of stakeholders, in service of collective action.
- Experience of building relationships and working with teams across multiple geographies, particularly within South-East Asia. Added plus if one of those countries is within Noora Health’s portfolio.
- Comfortable spending extended periods of time in Noora Health’s implementing countries, to support various projects.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.