Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
● Visit the hospital on a daily basis.
● Runs the CCP sessions and helps the nurses to conduct CCP session few other wards.
● Arrange the tools required for the CCP session, make seating arrangements for the mothers/patients and families.
● Help the nurses in demonstration and any other activities during the session.
● Deliver training to families.
● Collect the attendance and share with YosAid team after the session.
● Keep the CCP tools safe and back in the designated area after the session.
● Talk to the mothers and family members to understand the impact of the program as per the questionnaire given.
● Participate in team meetings.
● Update to the team about the day-to-day activities and progresses.
● coordinate with Hospital Staff like NS, Senior staffs and Doctors.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
● GNM / Nursing graduates with Cardiology department experience.
● Fluency in speaking/reading and writing Kannada is a must.
● Spoken English proficiency is an added advantage.
● Basic computer skills- MS office, Email, Google drive.
● Good communication skills required for teamwork.
● Must have a smartphone and knows to use it well.
● Work in a team with highly motivated, caring people trying to improve people's lives.
● Experience in the healthcare field, increased medical knowledge and coordination skills.
● Improved self-confidence and teamwork.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.