Director, Program & Operations
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Expansions, the Director - Programs and Operations will be a critical member of the Leadership Team of Noora Health. The individual will be responsible for providing leadership for implementing our strategies on the ground, establishing long-range goals and strategies and arriving at feasible plans and policies in order to attain them. The person will oversee culture and values of the team in line with the overall Noora culture guidelines and also improve efficiencies of intra-team communications and communications between the Bangladesh and Global teams where applicable. The person will also work closely with and support the Country Director - Strategy and Partnerships in putting together the best strategy for achieving the long term goals of Noora Health BD.
We need an empathetic leader and an adept relationship builder who can execute thoughtful and ambitious growth strategies while ensuring operational excellence. The individual should have exceptional interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to develop and manage high-performing, cohesive teams across division and even country borders. Whether executing strategic or tactical duties, the individual consistently should embody, model, and uphold Noora Health core principles of respectful yet firm communication, professionalism, flexibility, responsiveness, and strategic leadership.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
The individual is responsible for spearheading the implementation and execution of the Bangladesh plans for Noora Health. This position requires a strategic thinker who can make or delegate critical day-to-day decisions while adhering to our shared frameworks. The candidate will possess exceptional leadership qualities, enabling them to build and lead cross-functional teams in the country to deliver impactful outcomes.
- Strategy Execution:
- Create an action plan for achieving Noora Health BD goals and provide leadership for implementing the same.
- Make or delegate day-to-day decisions to maximize country impact, staying within the boundaries of established frameworks
- Build, mentor, and lead multi-functional teams in the country to effectively execute program development, delivery, and operational activities
- Supervise the heads of program development, program delivery, research, and operations and provide guidance and support to ensure the successful fulfillment of their responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and efficient inter team collaboration within BD teams and also between BD and Global teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other teams to address challenges and obstacles in shared programs
- Facilitate empathetic problem-solving initiatives to ensure the efficient resolution of issues, maintaining program continuity
- Take ownership of and be accountable for meeting goals and targets set for shared programs in the country
- Monitor progress on the research agenda and utilize research outcomes to drive performance improvement across programs
- Work closely with the research team to ensure that ongoing studies and evaluations align with program goals and objectives
- Utilize research outcomes to identify areas for improvement and innovation, leading to more impactful program delivery
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working with global teams - thereby ability to retain local flavor yet adopt best practices from around the Noora working family to optimize for efficient working
- Proven experience in leading multi-functional teams to achieve significant program impact.
- Extensive experience in program development, delivery, and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions within established frameworks
- Strong problem-solving and collaborative skills, with a track record of successful conflict resolution.
- Excellent people leadership, management, and mentoring capabilities fostering a positive team culture
- Results-oriented, with a focus on meeting and exceeding targets
- Familiarity with research methodologies and the ability to leverage research outcomes to drive performance improvement
- Someone who can have oversight on finance and admin processes and provide guidance to these teams
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.