Director, Platforms & Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones. Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With the support of six state governments in India, the Government of Bangladesh, and large private hospital systems, Noora Health has trained more than two million caregivers across 329 facilities. In a cohort of patients, the program reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT THE PLATFORMS & ENGINEERING TEAM DOES
The Shared Programs team leads the design and development of various interventions in newer programmatic areas across the different geographies that Noora operates in – currently, India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia – while guiding the improvements of existing programs. The Platforms & Engineering team is housed within the Shared Programs and leads the strategy, development, and implementation of digital products and services. We pride ourselves in being closest to our users and using data and technology to solve for user needs sustainably and at scale. We strive to become thought leaders and innovators in using cutting edge technology to enable advancement of outcomes in public health. Check out some of the products that we are building currently here.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
The Director of Platforms & Engineering will work closely with Co-Executive Directors of Shared Programs and Country Directors to provide strategic planning, guidance, and technical mentorship for all tech-based initiatives. You will lead and mentor a rapidly growing team of architects, engineers and product managers to develop and scale up Noora’s digital products – for both internal and external stakeholders – including the Remote Engagement Service, Health Educator Platform, Monitoring & Data System, Learning & Knowledge Management System, as well as support internal IT tools for administrative purposes. You will be the torch bearer of technology innovation and adoption at Noora that advances organizational goals.
Develop a digital health strategy in service of Noora’s mission
- Assess organizational needs and build a comprehensive strategy for various product and engineering solutions for the next 3-5 years
- Understand competitive landscape of digital health in all the regions we operate in and accordingly help define product roadmaps for our offerings
- Guide in the evaluation different technology options keeping efficiency, sustainability, scale, and security in mind
- Anchor discussions with government stakeholders and their respective tech teams to strategize long term sustainability of our tech offerings
- Spearhead technology partnerships to fast-track digital advancement and adoption at Noora
- Ensure that all our products and technology offerings are compliant with local state/country laws
Develop and implement effective technology practices
- Define the product development lifecycle as it applies to our context, and set up effective agile development procedures within the team
- Guide the engineering team on architecting and implementing modular and scalable solutions, efficient coding practices, and deployable automations
- Define the Shared Platforms team’s KPIs, milestones, and deliverables, ensuring high levels of internal communication on planning and execution of these schedules
- Liaison with all internal teams to align on timelines, deliverables and limitations of digital platforms within the organization
- Introduce new and effective tools for internal teams that will help improve efficiency and user delight for our products
- Promote constant and cutting edge innovation, research, and development, utilizing feedback and other data to serve user needs while cutting costs and increasing efficiencies
Lead the shared product and engineering teams
- Own talent management, assessing existing competencies and emerging skills needed to develop high quality solutions
- Manage talent acquisition and development with a long-term view in mind - set up processes, manage expectations and churn within the team
- Manage and mentor an enthusiastic team of product managers, engineers and architects across shared and country teams, upskilling and training on best practices
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
The right candidate will have prior experience in managing product and engineering teams, deep knowledge of software environments, applications, and best engineering practices at scale, familiarity with healthcare technology, exposure to AI-based technologies including large language models, and success with administering and implementing product launches with interdisciplinary teams.
- Master’s degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Data Science, Product Management or similar
- At least 12 years of experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams across different verticals to deliver top-quality digital products
- Awareness of the technological landscape - ability to understand existing trends, and a keen eye for emerging ones
- Excellent skills in strategic planning, technical mentorship, and product development
- An understanding of large scale tech products and experience in leading teams that have built them.
- Demonstrable experience with web development technologies, ML/AI use cases, and cloud infrastructure
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you enjoy bringing clarity to chaos
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with team members at varying levels of management
- Experience working in creative, human-centered culture and cross-cultural design, and excited to use your talents in a social impact context
At Noora Health, we value diversity. Diversity includes but is not limited to gender identity, caste, religious practice, sexual orientation, ability, among many others. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health