Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
WHO WE ARE
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones. Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With the support of six state governments in India, the Government of Bangladesh, and large private hospital systems, Noora Health has trained more than two million caregivers across 329 facilities. In a cohort of patients, the program reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In India, you will lead efforts to design, implement, and operate research, evaluation, and monitoring processes for India programs.]
- Collaborate with shared evaluation team to set research strategy for programs in India and implement research projects
- Understand program objectives and success metrics, government requirements in terms of reporting and ground realities of implementation in hospital systems and use this information to develop and drive on-ground monitoring processes to evaluate program effectiveness
- Oversee efforts to rapidly evaluate and improve the impact of Noora’s work within India - making sure that we are optimising our life-saving and improving abilities, while remaining cost effective
- Oversee impact evaluations that build evidence for the effectiveness of CCP programs
- Oversee deployment of nationwide monitoring systems assessing implementation quality across partner health facilities
- Research best systems and practices for improving current monitoring systems
- Lead in translating findings to practical communication products like presentations, research papers, white papers for variety of audiences (e.g. internal team, board members, government partners and funders, present in national and international conferences)
- Identify and collaborate with national and international research partners
- Promote a culture of research sharing internally
- Oversee and mentor India monitoring and evaluation team (~100 team including data collectors)
- Ownership of theory of change for programs in India
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR ?
- A master or PhD degree in public health or or other relevant fields
- Experience in working with any reputed NGO, development partner organisation other relevant institution
- This role is aimed at professionals who are strongly motivated to solve important global health challenges and are dedicated to the social and development sector and health equity
- Experience in designing, implementing, analysing, and writing about results from impact evaluation.
- Experience in managing a large size (>100 people) team.
- Experience of at least 10 years in roles which includes monitoring and/or evaluation, quality improvement, outputs analysis.
- Experience with data visualisation, analysis, and manipulation tools is a plus.
- Excellent document/report writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in Hindi and/or any other Indian language is required.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work seamlessly as part of a diverse team including designers, analysts, and educators from India and overseas.
At Noora Health, we value diversity. Diversity includes but is not limited to gender identity, caste, religious practice, sexual orientation, ability, among many others. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health