Grants Management Associate
New Energy Nexus
ABOUT NEW ENERGY NEXUS
New Energy Nexus (NEX) is an international not-for-profit organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and have expanded operations into China, India, Southeast Asia, East and West Africa, and Australia. Our mission is to support diverse entrepreneurs to drive innovation and build equity in the global clean energy economy. Our goal is to support 100,000 startups to succeed by 2030 – a decisive decade to surface and support as many climate solutions as possible. Through our global network, we directly boost hundreds of entrepreneurs annually while uplifting thousands more. Since 2004, New Energy Nexus (up until recently known as California Clean Energy Fund) has leveraged $1.5 billion in investment, supported over 900 clean energy startups, and launched industry-leading centers for solution collaboration.
ABOUT THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
As the Grants Management Associate you will carry out general administrative support, invoicing and reporting requirements for NEX CA programs funded by the government and philanthropy. The person in this role will help support the Grants Management Team in the grants life-cycle from application to contracting, invoicing, and final reporting, contributing to the release of funds to awardees and monitoring active grants to ensure the adequate reporting and usage of state issued funds are being met. The Grants Management Associate also produces standard and ad hoc reports about the organization’s grant making for organizational-wide use. This position periodically supports special projects relating to other aspects of the organization's work such as preparing information for donors and peer organizations within the CA ecosystem.
A TYPICAL DAY
A day in the life of the Grants Management Associate could include: assisting with the grant payment process for awardees, informing and communicating with awardees about invoicing and payment procedures, providing administration support throughout the grant life cycle, and contributing to the documentation and improvement of internal policies and procedures. There will also be opportunities to attend program events,visit technology development, testing or demonstration sites of awardees and clean energy entrepreneurs.
WORKING AT NEW ENERGY NEXUS
Working at New Energy Nexus California is an opportunity to make a positive impact in the clean energy industry and be part of a supportive and forward-thinking community. It will offer an innovative and collaborative work environment, fostering networking opportunities and providing diverse roles that allow for personal and professional growth.
This job is located in Berkeley, CA. New Energy Nexus California offers a flexible work environment with this position being based in Oakland/Bay Area, CA and with an expectation to work out of our physical office minimum 2 designated days a week. Unfortunately, relocation assistance is not available for this role.
- Provide administrative support throughout the grant life cycle including pre/post-award processing, tracking invoices and payments, and producing relevant reports.
- Support Grants Management Team in assuring that all required invoice documentation is accurate, complete, well-organized and is compliant with donor requirements.
- Ensure that relevant grant data is well organized to meet reporting requirements of donors.
- Provide logistical coordination to awardees about program logistics including award processes, events and training sessions.
- Collaborate with the Grants Management, Finance, and Programs teams to document, improve and revise internal processes.
Invoicing and Compliance
- Assist Grants Management Team in invoice preparation and reconciliations.
- Provide support with the grant payment process for awarded grants and vouchers, including informing and communicating with awardees, sub-contractors, and vendors about invoicing and payment procedures.
- Update invoice tracking spreadsheets and ensure back up documentation for invoices and payments are clearly organized and easy to access by other team members
- Maintain updated and accurate database of awardee and invoicing contacts, as well as changes to billing information
- Inform finance staff of changes related to invoicing and billing information.
- Identify and escalate any issues related to payments or invoicing to Grants Management and Finance teams.
- Support with due diligence in pre-award/pre-contract processes as requested.
- Support grant and program audits as required.
- Represent the California Program team in a positive way within the organization, and in interactions with individuals and organizations external to New Energy Nexus.