New Energy Nexus
ABOUT NEW ENERGY NEXUS
New Energy Nexus (NEX) is an international not-for-profit organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and have expanded operations into China, India, Southeast Asia, East and West Africa, and Australia. Our mission is to support diverse entrepreneurs to drive innovation and build equity in the global clean energy economy. Our goal is to support 100,000 startups to succeed by 2030 – a decisive decade to surface and support as many climate solutions as possible. Through our global network, we directly boost hundreds of entrepreneurs annually while uplifting thousands more. Since 2004, New Energy Nexus (up until recently known as California Clean Energy Fund) has leveraged $1.5 billion in investment, supported over 900 clean energy startups, and launched industry-leading centers for solution collaboration.
ABOUT THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
New Energy Nexus California is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Communications Manager. In this pivotal position, you'll be the driving force behind crafting and disseminating the organization's messages. You will be a social media and digital content expert, able to create various forms of long and short-form content, videos and graphic, and successfully execute monthly virtual events with the support of the Communications Associate. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategy and Partnerships, this role is designed to engage stakeholders and expand New Energy Nexus’ influence and reach in CA and beyond.
A TYPICAL DAY
As the Communications Manager at New Energy Nexus California, your typical day is a dynamic blend of communication-related responsibilities. It begins with updating the organization's website content to reflect the latest clean energy developments. You then create engaging social media posts to interact with the online community and promote upcoming virtual events. You coordinate logistics for these events, ensuring a seamless execution while also analyzing communication analytics and providing insights for data-driven strategy adjustments. Lastly, you may engage with media outlets, conduct public speaking, and oversee digital content creation, contributing significantly to New Energy Nexus's impactful mission.
WORKING AT NEW ENERGY NEXUS
Working at New Energy Nexus California is an opportunity to make a positive impact in the clean energy industry and be part of a supportive and forward-thinking community. It will offer an innovative and collaborative work environment, fostering networking opportunities and providing diverse roles that allow for personal and professional growth.
This job is located in Oakland, CA. New Energy Nexus California has a flexible work environment with this position being based in Oakland/Bay Area, CA and with an expectation to work out of our physical office minimum 2 designated days a week. Unfortunately, relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Content Strategy and Management
- Develop high-quality content that engages the audience and effectively communicates the organization's mission, resulting in increased website traffic and user engagement.
- Consistently produce content that simplifies complex narratives for wider accessibility and understanding.
- Maintain an up-to-date, visually appealing, and user-friendly website that enhances the organization's online presence and credibility.
Digital Communication and Outreach
- Execute comprehensive digital communication strategies to reach and engage target audiences effectively, leading to increased online community interaction and support for the organization.
- Craft and distribute engaging social media posts and email marketing campaigns to broaden the organization's reach and heighten awareness.
- Implement data-driven refinements to enhance the effectiveness of digital communication initiatives.
Event Planning and Execution
- Successfully plan and execute monthly virtual events that align with the organization's objectives, achieving well-attended, informative, and engaging events.
- Coordinate all logistics for events, ensuring seamless execution and high participant satisfaction.
- Promote events effectively to drive registration and participation, meeting the organization's goals for each event.
Strategic Communication and Brand Consistency
- Under the direction of the Head of Strategy and Partnerships and with support from the Global Communications Director, develop and execute a strategic communication plan that aligns with the organization's mission and objectives, maintaining a consistent and recognizable brand voice.
- Craft messages and communication materials that resonate with the target audience, resulting in higher engagement and support.
- Ensure that all communication is cohesive and aligned with the organization's mission and values, reinforcing brand recognition and trust.
- Develop and implement an effective internal communication strategy to facilitate seamless information flow within the organization.
- Monitor the effectiveness of internal communication initiatives, gather feedback, and make data-driven improvements to enhance information sharing and engagement among team members.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR THE ROLE
- Strong dedication to New Energy Nexus's mission, showcasing a profound understanding and alignment with organizational goals
- 5+ years experience in digital communications and social media
- The ability to develop and execute a strategic communication plan that aligns with the organization's mission and objectives
- Proficiency in using digital platforms, social media, and email marketing tools to reach and engage target audiences
- Proficiency in website content management systems (CMS) and website design principles to increase website traffic and improve user experience
- Knowledge of event planning and management, including logistics, promotion, and audience engagement strategies for virtual events
- Strong understanding of communication analytics tools to track and assess the impact of communication efforts
- Strong ability to convey information in a particular tone/ voice when communicating the organization's mission
- Ability to distill complex narratives and ideas into digestible content
WE HOPE YOU BRING ONE OR MORE OF THESE BONUS SKILLS
- Knowledge of media outreach techniques, press release writing, and/or crisis communication.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Competitive compensation of $90 - $105K annually plus generous benefits including, medical, dental, vision, unlimited PTO, paid holidays and 401(K)
TO APPLY, TIMELINE, AND PROCESS
- Submit your resume, cover letter and responses to our application questions.
- Click the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below to begin your application.
- Application deadline: Priority deadline is December 15th, 2023 and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
- Target start date: March 2024
- Interview process: Qualified applicants will participate in a series of interviews via Zoom. There will be 2-3 rounds of interviews.
- Accommodation: If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact us with your request.
New Energy Nexus is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. New Energy Nexus hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.