Senior Executive Coordinator
New Energy Nexus
ABOUT NEW ENERGY NEXUS
New Energy Nexus (NEX) is an international not-for-profit organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and have expanded operations into China, India, Southeast Asia, East and West Africa, and Australia. Our mission is to support diverse entrepreneurs to drive innovation and build equity in the global clean energy economy. Our goal is to support 100,000 startups to succeed by 2030 – a decisive decade to surface and support as many climate solutions as possible. Through our global network, we directly boost hundreds of entrepreneurs annually while uplifting thousands more. Since 2004, New Energy Nexus (up until recently known as California Clean Energy Fund) has leveraged $1.5 billion in investment, supported over 900 clean energy startups, and launched industry-leading centers for solution collaboration.
ABOUT THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
New Energy Nexus California is introducing a transformative opportunity for a Senior Executive Coordinator, a pivotal role reporting directly to the Managing Director. This strategic position is designed to provide essential administrative support and project management expertise to our esteemed leadership team.
The Senior Executive Coordinator will spearhead the management of complex projects, orchestrate flawless logistics for key events, meticulously coordinate schedules, and act as the central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. This multifaceted role is a unique opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of an innovative and impactful organization within the clean energy sector.
If you are a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a passion for clean energy and a commitment to making a tangible difference, this role provides an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the clean energy transition. Join us in shaping the future of sustainable energy and driving positive change.
A TYPICAL DAY
As the Senior Executive Coordinator at New Energy Nexus California, your central role will be orchestrating the schedule of the Managing Director, ensuring their optimal preparation for commitments and meetings with an exclusive dedication to the Managing Director's specific objectives. You'll actively manage complex projects and maintain a keen eye on project timelines, ensuring that they progress smoothly and stay on course. Coordinating logistics for various organizational events, such as training sessions and meetings, will be a crucial part of your day, ensuring all arrangements are seamless. Problem-solving and effective communication with stakeholders will round out your typical day, as you collaborate with team members to address challenges and keep operations running smoothly.
WORKING AT NEW ENERGY NEXUS
Working at New Energy Nexus California is an opportunity to make a positive impact in the clean energy industry and be part of a supportive and forward-thinking community. It will offer an innovative and collaborative work environment, fostering networking opportunities and providing diverse roles that allow for personal and professional growth.
This job is located in Oakland, CA. New Energy Nexus California has a flexible work environment with this position being based in Oakland/Bay Area, CA and with an expectation to work out of our physical office minimum 2 designated days a week. Unfortunately, relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Providing High-Level Executive Support
- Offer comprehensive administrative support to the Managing Director and leadership team to enhance productivity.
- Manage and execute monthly expense reports for the Managing Director.
- Act as a primary point of contact for executives, managing communication and requests efficiently.
- Support the Managing Director by preparing presentation materials and content.
Managing Complex Projects and Logistics
- Oversee and coordinate intricate organizational projects, handling all aspects from planning to execution.
- Monitor project progress and ensure adherence to timelines.
- Plan and organize logistics for training sessions, meetings, and retreats.
- Coordinate venue arrangements, ensuring the availability of all necessary resources and materials for seamless events.
- Efficiently manage the busy schedules of the Managing Director and the leadership team.
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and commitments, accommodating changes as needed.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Analyze situations to identify challenges and proactively develop effective solutions.
- Foster effective collaboration and dialogue among team members to address issues resourcefully.
Utilizing Project Management Tools
- Employ a variety of project management and calendaring tools to streamline processes.
- Ensure all team members are well-informed, organized, and working efficiently.
- Provide internal systems and workflow support.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR THE ROLE
- Strong dedication to New Energy Nexus's mission, showcasing a profound understanding and alignment with organizational goals.
- A minimum of 5 years of executive support experience, displaying adeptness in supporting the unique demands of leadership roles.
- Exceptional project management experience, demonstrating a proven ability to lead and support complex projects with meticulous attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in managing intricate projects and logistics, ensuring seamless processes from initiation to conclusion.
- Proficient in planning logistics for diverse events, including in-person and online trainings, meetings, and retreats.
- Track record of managing complex schedules, highlighting organizational skill and effective time management.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, enabling strategic solutions and effective decision-making in dynamic environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, fostering positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven tech-savvy, proficient in utilizing Google Suite (slides, sheets, etc), project management tools, and calendaring tools to ensure efficient and streamlined processes.
- Proven team player with a background in thriving within fast-paced and ambiguous environments, showcasing a willingness to collaborate and contribute in all-hands-on-deck scenarios.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Competitive compensation of $75k - $95k annually plus generous benefits including, medical, dental, vision, unlimited PTO, paid holidays and 401(K)
TO APPLY, TIMELINE, AND PROCESS
- Submit your resume, cover letter and responses to our application questions.
- Click the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below to begin your application.
- Application deadline: Priority deadline is December 15th, 2023 and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
- Target start date: March 2024
- Interview process: Qualified applicants will participate in a series of interviews via Zoom. There will be 2-3 rounds of interviews.
- Accommodation: If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact us with your request.
New Energy Nexus is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. New Energy Nexus hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.