New Energy Nexus
New Energy Nexus (NEX) is an international not-for-profit organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and have expanded operations into China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa. Our mission is to support diverse entrepreneurs to drive innovation and build equity in the global clean energy economy. Our goal is to support 100,000 startups to succeed by 2030 – a decisive decade in our collective struggle with climate change. With our network, we directly boost hundreds of entrepreneurs annually while uplifting thousands more. Since 2004, New Energy Nexus (up until recently known as California Clean Energy Fund) has leveraged $1.5 billion in investment, invested in over 100 clean energy enterprises, and launched industry leading centers for solution collaboration.
We are looking for a Sourcing Associate to support New Energy Nexus to find and recruit global climate tech startups.
- Focused on sourcing climate tech startups from around the world and onboard them into the climate tech program.
- Support the Program Manager and team to identify, support and deliver value to the startups.
- This is a full-time role based in Abu Dhabi.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Environmental Sciences).
- Must have proven experience working in UAE or the Middle East.
- Proven experience in program management and startup ecosystem development.
- Excellent communication and networking abilities.
- Knowledge of the climate tech sector and key ecosystem players
- Experience in event coordination and engagement with large-scale events like COP28.
We compensate competitively, provide great benefits and offer a supportive culture. Relocation assistance will not be provided for this role.
NEX values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in the work we do. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family/marital status or veteran status.
To be considered, click on the "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" button at the bottom of the application page. Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing why you’re right for the role.