Program Associate (Solar)
New Energy Nexus
Who We Are
New Energy Nexus (www.newenergynexus.com) is an international organization that supports clean energy & climate entrepreneurs with funds, business acceleration and access to networks. We operate programs in the USA, China, India, Uganda, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines.
New Energy Nexus Thailand is building an ecosystem of clean energy entrepreneurs working on solutions to address this regional energy growth and the climate change situation. We launched our Thailand program in 2017 and have supported over 30 startup teams so far. We support entrepreneurs to create new innovative energy startups that will help to build the nation’s clean energy economy and run programs with corporate partners to help them decarbonize their emissions.
We are now looking for a full-time Program Associate based in Bangkok to focus on growing our Solar STEP program. The position will support the New Energy Nexus Thailand program to ensure successful implementation of the solar workforce development activities and energy startup program including designing and implementing trainings, and solar entrepreneurship programs in collaboration with partner organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program Design & Implementation
- Support in the planning, design and implementation of Solar STEP and other business incubation and acceleration programs in Thailand
- Organize events, workshops, trainings, boot-camps on clean energy & innovation
- Facilitate speakers and technical trainers for in person workshops and bootcamps
- Support on marketing & social media activities: invitations, press releases, newsletters, video, photo, webpage
- Manage the engagement of startups and corporate partners in accelerator cohort and provide support needed to help startups succeed
- Manage database of key contacts, liaise with our network of energy professionals, mentors, partners and startups for their active engagement in the program
- Research & identify relevant service providers for activities, including trainers, facilitators, business advisors, mentors etc.
- Research on potential partners for solar program to understand their goals & objectives (Energy companies, foundations, government agencies), identify interested organizations and craft customized partnership proposals
- Approach solar panel manufacturers with sponsorships opportunities
- Participate in industry events and initiate meetings with key market stakeholders
- Develop a network of energy professionals, mentors, program participants and partners; manage the contact database
- Stay up-to-date on any relevant clean energy events and news
The position will be full time and based in Bangkok.
- Passionate about climate, energy, startups and cleantech!
- Strong program & project management experience with complex projects involving multiple external stakeholders
- Minimum 2 years of working experience within the solar industry
- Experience with organizing professional events and implementing marketing, communication and social media activities
- Entrepreneurial mindset & fast moving
- Ability to work independently within a global team with various time zones
- Professional fluency in Thai and English is a must - Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- Professional knowledge or experience in the clean energy
- Experience in the startup community, including incubators, accelerators, investors and relevant service providers
- Highly resourceful person with the ability to come up with new ideas and concepts to design the program activities
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to the Workable application portal by clicking on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button at the bottom of the page. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Compensation is competitive and in line with local standards.
New Energy Nexus values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in our movement and knows that’s the way we’re going to win big. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender.
**Professional fluency in Thai and English is a must - Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet this requirement.**