Business Development Manager
New Energy Nexus
New Energy Nexus is an international organization that supports clean energy start-ups through funding, accelerator programs, and networks. We started our program in California and now have operations in New York, China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa.
In Indonesia, New Energy Nexus conducts its activities through PT. New Energy Nexus Indonesia to support the next generation of clean energy and climate solutions innovators, startups, and entrepreneurs in Indonesia. The objective of New Energy Nexus Indonesia is to position itself as a premier organization and a thought leader dedicated to fostering and investing in clean energy and climate solutions startups across Indonesia. Our primary objective is to have a significant impact on the nation's transition towards a thriving net zero economy.
New Energy Nexus Indonesia consists of three main activities:
- Startup Incubation and Acceleration: support aspiring innovators, startups, and entrepreneurs throughout Indonesia in cultivating their innovative clean energy and climate business concepts and bringing them to market
- Stakeholder outreach, engagement, and advocacy: facilitate interactions and collaborations between entrepreneurs, partners, and diverse stakeholder groups to effectively communicate and highlight the significant advantages of clean energy and climate entrepreneurships
- Fund: provide grants, pre-seed, and seed funding to startups in our programs.
At New Energy Nexus, our organizational culture is rooted in audacity, innovation, collaboration, and inclusion. We foster an entrepreneurial spirit among our staff, empowering them to embrace challenges and undertake calculated risks.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to drive the expansion of our programs and strengthen our presence.
The ideal candidate for this position will be driven by a deep commitment to the mission of New Energy Nexus. As a dynamic and entrepreneurial thinker, you possess the ability to effectively execute daily responsibilities.
This role demands outstanding skills in relationship building, front-line business development, writing concept notes and proposals, and closing deals. Prior experience in the clean energy and climate solutions sectors is crucial and will significantly contribute to success in this role.
- Identify and develop relationships with relevant partners and funders to understand their goals and objectives
- Develop, follow-up on, negotiate, and finalize proposals and partnerships with partners and funders to enable New Energy Nexus Indonesia develops a robust ecosystem that supports startups in the clean energy and climate solutions sectors
- Execute collaboration and partnership projects with partners and funders
- Represent New Energy Nexus Indonesia at industry events and meetings with stakeholders
- Provide supports on other ad-hoc matters as required and as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of the clean energy and climate solutions sectors in Indonesia
- Existing network of relationships and contacts relevant to Indonesia’s clean energy and climate solutions sectors
- Proven proposal writing and presentation skills in English
- Experience in business development, fundraising and developing partnerships and networks
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in similar role(s)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Indonesia
- Have work ethic to collaborate with a desire to grow and learn and possess a can – do attitude
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Independent and adept in remote teamwork setting involving collaboration in multi-cultural environment at different locations and time zones.
How to Apply
We encourage all eligible candidates to apply as soon as possible.
- Click on the "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" button at the bottom of this page OR
- Submit your resume along with a cover letter that demonstrates your enthusiasm for our mission and suitability for the role to: email@example.com. The subject line of your email application, should follow this format: NEXID_BD_First Name_Last Name
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
New Energy Nexus values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in our movement and knows that’s the way we’re going to win big. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender.