Revenue Operations Analyst
The Organization: Merit America
About the Role:
The primary mission of the Revenue Operations Analyst is to ensure the Revenue Operations and Strategy team has the data, systems, and processes in place to support the wider Sustainability Team at Merit America, which is responsible for closing, managing, and growing philanthropic funds and earned revenue.
The Revenue Operations Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Revenue Strategy & Operations, and work primarily with the Sustainability Team at Merit America. A successful candidate will:
- Maintain data systems and distribute daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports to ensure visibility into revenue performance and pace
- Oversee the implementation of critical revenue initiatives such as learner payment systems; and coordinate with the financial team for accurate reconciliation between reports
- Assist in operationalizing and streamlining other key revenue-driving partnerships
What You’ll be Doing:
The responsibilities of the Revenue Operations Analyst will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 40% Maintain data systems by entering data, checking for and correcting data errors, providing feedback to the broader team on improving data systems going forward, and more. This role will be the Sustainability Team’s Data Ambassador, coordinating closely with the centralized Data & Business Insights team.
- Managing, creating, and distributing dashboards and reports to support the Sustainability Team.
- 30% Oversee the implementation of critical revenue initiatives such as learner payment programs by answering learners’ questions about payments, updating payment systems with accurate data, administering payment reminder communications, evaluating deferral submissions, tracking payments, and more.
- This includes our legacy Success Share Program and our new Zero Percent Loan, launched with the Google Career Certificate Fund.
- 30% Assist in operationalizing and streamlining other key revenue-driving partnerships, such as Merit America’s partnership with Amazon Career Choice. Amazon Career Choice pays Merit America to train thousands of fulfillment center workers.
- Develop the Standard Operating Procedures for revenue partnerships
- Ensure staff have the correct data access to meet partnership obligations
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to track partnership success internally and to share externally with partners.
What Makes a Successful Candidate:
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies. Below are the skills that are relevant for thriving in this role:
- Operational excellence & attention to detail: Ability to keep track of responsibilities and complete them in a timely manner; high standards for and focus on doing error-free work
- Ability to create and operationalize new team wide systems / processes for fast-scaling organizations
- Ability to identify data errors between multiple systems and be able to organize data in a visual and compelling way
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both with staff and with learners
- Growth mindset: Communication, collaboration, and a can-do attitude aligned with a personal drive to continuously learn and grow
- Entrepreneurial drive: Resourcefulness, agility, and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly changing environments, including eagerness to wear multiple hats as needed and to help shape our start-up’s future.
- Experience working with data to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy and operationalize decisions in fast growing start-up
- Natural problem solver and analytical thinker to translate data into action
- Be energized by our organizational mission - to provide a pathway to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees
- Proven history of living within our values
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- Commitment to DEIJ
Nice to Have:
- Mastery of Salesforce and the ability to create dashboards and reports to track all aspects of revenue generation and the creativity to apply the same processes and tools for our job placement goals
- This position is full time: 4 days/week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Location: Remote
- Salary : $67,900 - $67,900
Our goal is to have competitive and equitable compensation. We have a market-based compensation approach which means that we benchmark each role from reputable data sources. We compare our benchmarks against similarly sized non-profit organizations with comparable annual budgets and geographical areas. We pay the same rate for the same roles and adjust to comply with statutory mandates.
We take care of our employees by providing the following perks and benefits:
- 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement & personal development stipend
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation (after a 90-day introductory period)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits (after 1 year of employment)
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 1 week office closure in July (week of July 4th)
- 2 week holiday office closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
- Discount perks at work program
- Phone/technology stipend
- Home office setup stipend
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the 50 states or District of Columbia and have full authorization to work in the 50 U.S. states & the District of Columbia (international work abroad, including the U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and other islands are excluded). In addition, Merit America doesn't offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.