Junior Client and Partner Success Manager
The Organization: Merit America
About the Role:
The primary mission of the Junior Client and Partner Success Manager is to develop and refine the engagement process for building employer partnerships with unpaid clients and partnerships, helping match Merit America learners and alumni with unpaid clients and partners who will hire them.
The Junior Client and Partner Success Manager is an exempt position and will report to the Head of Partner and Client Success and work primarily with the Employer Partnerships team at Merit America. A successful candidate will
- Create and iterate on the engagement process for building and growing our employer partnerships with our unpaid hiring partners;
- Build a pipeline of partners who can hire our learners but do not have the budget to formally contract with Merit America; and
- Work closely with our internal Job Success and Sales teams to match learners with unpaid partners and track success.
As the founding Junior Client and Partner Success Manager, this role will have a unique opportunity to design the systems and processes to engage and delight our uncontracted and trial business partners as they hire Merit America learners, which is a crucial part of our job success philosophy.
What You’ll be Doing:
The responsibilities of the Junior Client and Partner Success Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and implement the engagement process for growing employer partnerships by creating systems and playbooks to source and delight them with exceptional results, and grow relationships to transition to paid contracts over time
- Build and support a pipeline of partnerships who can hire hundreds of our learners by finding alignment with job openings in relevant geographies and educating businesses on Merit America’s value proposition
- Maintain accurate data systems: Enter and maintain organized and accurate data in Salesforce for all leads and contacts
- Partner with our internal Job Success and Sales Teams to match learners with companies and track success
- Refine systems and processes based on data and external and internal feedback to ensure learners find roles and that partners are delighted with Merit America and refer us to other partner organizations
What Makes a Successful Candidate:
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies. Below are the skills that are relevant for thriving in this role:
- Knowledge of talent and recruitment practices
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce CRM
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Be extremely responsive and fast on follow-through
- Relentless commitment to hitting goals
- Motivation to create systems and processes where they don’t yet exist
- Be energized by our organizational mission - to provide a pathway to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees
- Proven history of living within our values
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- Commitment to DEIJ
Nice to Have:
- Experience in talent acquisition or staffing industry
- Experience in sales or customer success
- This position is full time: 4 days/week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Location: Remote
- Salary : $70,500 - $70,500
Our goal is to have competitive and equitable compensation. We have a market-based compensation approach which means that we benchmark each role from reputable data sources. We compare our benchmarks against similarly sized non-profit organizations with comparable annual budgets and geographical areas. We pay the same rate for the same roles and adjust to comply with statutory mandates.
We take care of our employees by providing the following perks and benefits:
- 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement & personal development stipend
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation (after a 90-day introductory period)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits (after 1 year of employment)
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 1 week office closure in July (week of July 4th)
- 2 week holiday office closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
- Discount perks at work program
- Phone/technology stipend
- Home office setup stipend
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the 50 states or District of Columbia and have full authorization to work in the 50 U.S. states & the District of Columbia (international work abroad, including the U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and other islands are excluded). In addition, Merit America doesn't offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Something looks off?