The Organization: Merit America
About the Role:
The primary mission of the Marketing Manager is to build awareness and trust in Merit America. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for activities related to marketing strategy development and analysis, brand management, and content creation. The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, be analytical and detail-oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve our marketing goals.
The Marketing Manager is an exempt position and will report directly to the CMO and work primarily with the Brand & Marketing team at Merit America, but also collaborate with the Sustainability, Program and Product teams.
What You’ll be Doing:
The responsibilities of the Marketing Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Marketing Strategy Development and Analysis Projects
- Complete special projects to research and identify researched-backed solutions for marketing challenges and implement those solutions. Past projects have included”
- Identifying the needs and potential solutions for a marketing metrics dashboard
- Assessing demand for new tracks
- Identifying, prioritizing, and applying for the awards that will advance our goals.
- Serve as the point person for learner marketing research, capturing key questions about our learners from across teams, conducting secondary research, serving as the point person for primary research, and developing personas and research synthesis documents.
- Maintain the Merit America competitive analysis document, with regular refreshes to identify new peers, com
- Identify and assess solutions for printing and materials production
- Manage all aspects of the Merit America swag and our promotional store including budget, products and launches, serving as the primary point of contact
- Collaborate with team members to create one-off promotional materials for events & special occasions
- Maintain our conference calendar and organizational presence, coordinating needs across leaders and teams
- Manage all Merit America applications for awards, including research, drafting, follow-up, and promotion
Content Creation and Video Production
- Manage brand video creation, including working with a contractor to capture learner success stories and program accomplishments and share them to a range of audiences, including direct outreach, our website, and our social media channels
- Create content, including drafting website content and creating images
- Support SEO work with projects such as keyword generation and benchmarking
What Makes a Successful Candidate:
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies. Below are the skills that are relevant for thriving in this role:
- Strong analytical skills: The ability to research, analyze, and interpret data and make informed decisions based on the data.
- Excellent communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills to create compelling content, effectively convey ideas and messages, and interact with team members, external audiences, and stakeholders.
- Creative thinking: Being able to think creatively to come up with innovative solutions to marketing challenges.
- Project management: The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on deadlines.
- Be energized by our organizational mission - to provide a pathway to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees
- Proven history of living within our values
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- Commitment to DEIJ
Nice to Have:
- Brand management: Experience effectively managing a brand and maintaining consistency across all marketing channels.
- Understanding of SEO: Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to improve website ranking and drive traffic.
- Video production: Familiarity with video production production.
- Marketing research: Experience conducting market research and analyzing data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Attention to detail: The ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure that all marketing efforts are executed flawlessly.
- Technical skills: Familiarity with various marketing tools and platforms such as Wordpress, Datorama, Salesforce, Pardot
- This position is full time: 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Location: Remote
- Salary : $115,300 - $115,300
Our goal is to have competitive and equitable compensation. We have a market-based compensation approach which means that we benchmark each role from reputable data sources. We compare our benchmarks against similarly sized non-profit organizations with comparable annual budgets and geographical areas. We pay the same rate for the same roles and adjust to comply with statutory mandates.
We take care of our employees by providing the following perks and benefits:
- 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement & personal development stipend
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation (after a 90-day introductory period)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits (after 1 year of employment)
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 1 week office closure in July (week of July 4th)
- 2 week holiday office closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
- Discount perks at work program
- Phone/technology stipend
- Home office setup stipend
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the 50 states or District of Columbia and have full authorization to work in the 50 U.S. states & the District of Columbia (international work abroad, including the U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and other islands are excluded). In addition, Merit America doesn't offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Something looks off?