Associate, Product Customer Success & Knowledge Base
- Location: Flexible; Central European timezone (GMT+2) and Indian Standard Time (UTC+05:30)
- Reports to: Customer Success Manager
- Availability: Immediate
- Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Meedan is seeking to add a Product Customer Success & Knowledge Base Associate to our product team. This is an ideal and exciting position for someone wanting to grow with a dynamic and diverse technology non-profit working on information equity and journalism. We encourage diverse applicants from underrepresented communities in journalism and technology fields.
Meedan is a global technology non-profit with an affiliated for-profit. Our open-source software platform Check makes it possible for journalists, human-rights activists, and civil society organizations to collect misinformation on closed messaging apps, contextualize and fact-check it, understand trends, and distribute back critical content to audiences and communities. We co-create programmatic initiatives with technologists, newsrooms, fact-checkers, public health professionals, NGOs and academic institutions on award-winning projects from election monitoring to pandemic response to human rights documentation.
This is a full-time position. Please note that, in order to meet the needs of the documentation, this role must include Sunday as a working day in order to ensure coverage with partners working on Sundays. The specific schedule can be discussed with the Director of Product.
- Represent the Meedan brand with product partners, with a special focus on our EMEA and APAC regions
- Provide high-level technical and product support via Intercom with prompt and efficient turnarounds
- Route inbound support queries (bugs and requests) to technical and product team members
- Maintain product knowledge base
- Producing high-quality, engaging, clear and concise user documentation
- Keeping users updated with new features
- Maintaining the knowledgebase and keeping a comprehensive inventory with document version control trails
- Monitoring the product development pipeline to identify documentation needs to be published on feature deployment
- 1-2 years experience working on web application products (design, production or support)
- Customer service orientation
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with bug tracking software
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels with technical teams as well as business or product teams
- Ability to manage multiple project schedules, highly organized and able to prioritize
- Experience providing user support or conducting user research
- Ability to plan and carry out complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Knowledge in data analytics and reporting a big plus
- Enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment and is a team player
Meedan is a global technology not-for-profit that builds software and programmatic initiatives to strengthen journalism, digital literacy, and accessibility of information online and off. Our affiliated for-profit, Meedan Labs, works with our for-profit clients. We develop open-source tools for creating and sharing context on digital media through annotation, verification, archival, and translation. We work with technologists, newsrooms, fact-checkers, public health professionals, NGOs and academic institutions on award-winning projects from election monitoring to pandemic response to human rights documentation. This work supports our vision of a more equitable internet.
Our team members are distributed through multiple cities and time zones. Our team members are able to work flexibly and respond to challenges across a range of project areas. This includes the following:
- Flexible work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Support for home office
- Internal EDI training and regular EDI impact and policy reviews
- Code of Conduct
At Meedan, we believe that our work is only as strong as the wellbeing of the people who make it happen. We’re committed to providing a broad range of employee benefits that uplift the engagement and growth of our people, and to truly embody awesome in our Meedan culture.
For candidates from the US, we have the following benefits available:
- Unlimited PTO including vacation, holidays, and sick time with expansive coverage, including for menstrual pain, caretaking responsibilities, and mental health needs. Additionally, we are closed and off the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Flexible leave for bereavement, major illness, parental responsibilities, pregnancy, military duties, civic responsibility, severe weather conditions
- Generous health and dental benefits, including 100% employee premium coverage and 50% coverage of dependents
- Complimentary One Medical subscriptions for employees and dependents
- Complimentary HealthAdvocate Healthcare Support and Talkspace Online Mental Health Therapy plans for employees
- 401k plan with an elective match of 100% of the first 3% of each employee's contribution and 50% of the next 2% 3% employer contribution and a flexible spending account
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term disability, & long-term disability
- Options of employee-paid vision insurance, commuter benefits, healthcare FSA, and childcare FSA
- A one calendar month paid sabbatical after five years of employment
For candidates outside of the US, we negotiate a generous monthly service fee to allow you to manage your retirement and other costs.
Professional Development and Social Support
All candidates around the world have the following resources available:
- Professional development support
- Mentorship program plus regular learning sessions/seminars
- Regular optional team social activities online and offline, including games, yoga, meditation and meals
- Generous travel support for in-person meetings and retreats with colleagues, where public health guidelines allow
- Paid subscription to meditation apps and other mental health resources
- Complimentary access to publications like the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and others
- Digital security training and support
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We actively recruit and encourage applications from individuals from historically underrepresented communities in technology and journalism, including those who identify as LGBTQ+, women, people of color and/or from underrepresented cultural communities, and people with disabilities.