Customer Experience Manager - Uganda
Customer Experience Manager - Uganda
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a customer experience manager with a strong growth-oriented mindset to join our team and champion our scale up in Uganda.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organisation dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years have grown to support over 1.5 million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
In 2021, we commenced operations in Uganda and now have over 500+ facilities on our platform with sales teams across the country.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent Customer Experience or Customer Service Manager who will join our team to focus on retention, satisfaction and support of our customer base in Uganda. The candidate should have experience in proactive customer service, customer retention, and experience leading a customer service team. They should be familiar with Hubspot or other CRM tools.The CX manager should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, love working with, and interacting with customers, and contributing to creating a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds. You should be a strong communicator, and have the capacity to lead teams working remotely or onsite.
This role reports to the Country Manager Uganda and will support on the following;
- Leading a team of CX associates. The CX team is the bridge between our customers and the company and their objective is to ensure our customers are well supported, happy and loyal customers.
- Design, develop, lead and manage proactive customer services to all facilities signed up to our point-of-sales system and associated programs
- Leading efforts to hit our customer retention targets, including devising innovative solutions to customers’ challenges in a cost conscious way
- Developing systematic and efficient processes for the customer service reps team to approach routine customer service issues and see that these are implemented.
- Leading all customer-facing communications regarding product updates and redesign and overall process improvements
- Working collaboratively with the Sales and Program managers to develop seamless processes for managing customers
- Leading all activities related to the purchase and inventory management of hardware and other accessories for sale to customers.
- Managing, coaching and hiring a team of CX associates.
- Degree (minimum) in business, customer service, pharmacy business or other related fields
- 3-5 years experience leading a team of customer service, success, or CX associates. Preferable experience would be managing B2B customer experience in a start up or in health care.
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- Experience with sales processes and CRM systems a plus
- Passionate about customer experience – your team are the biggest advocates for the customer and need to understand deeply what our customer needs, goals and challenges are
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with conscientiousness, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact