Loyalty Program Associate - Kaduna Nigeria
Nigeria Loyalty Program Associate – Kaduna Nigeria
Maisha Meds is hiring!
About Maisha Meds
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 1.5million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point-of-sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the team with a key focus on championing our loyalty program in Northern Nigeria. The ideal candidate has experience in influencing excellence at multiple healthcare facilities, quality assurance experience in healthcare delivery, experience in public health or related space, ideally at the intersection of support for digital products space or a relatable field. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with multiple stakeholders, internal and external to Maisha Meds operations with the aim of championing a culture of collaboration to meet objectives. This candidate is also a customer-centric individual whose mission is to build strong relationships with our partner pharmacies making them champions of our Loyalty Programs. This candidate has strong communication skills and is driven to innovate new solutions on the go in response to customer needs.
This role is based in Kaduna with frequent travel to other states in Northern Nigeria. You will report to the Loyalty Programs Manager for this work.
Start date is August 2023, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Weekly review of transaction numbers for the northern region against targets and escalating envisaged shortfalls to the program manager and Director of Programs (DoP)
- Supporting the country program manager and DoP in piloting/implementation of different demand generation initiatives for the region
- Identifying opportunities for program growth specific to the assigned region and working with the country program manager and DoP on exploration of the same
- Ensure facilities within the allocated region have the needed IEC materials and stock
- Support in identifying possible compliance issues that may arise during program implementation, and ensure they are mitigated. This will be achieved through the following;
- Planning and doing facility spot checks as part of the quality assurance review process
- Spot checking any facility specific outreaches and inreaches and reporting back on observations
- Lead periodic reviews of facilities regulatory compliance such as PCN license review
- Overseeing program implementation and compliance across partner facilities within the assigned region.
- Coordinating partnership with other organizations to promote new ways of increasing demand for the loyalty program in communities.
- Collecting feedback from pharmacies, community and clients on the loyalty program and iterating/refining insights to make them actionable and immediately useful for the clients and others in the global health space.
- Administer surveys to pharmacies in the loyalty program or as directed by your supervisor
- Support the program manager with any ad hoc tasks within the program on a need-by-need basis
- Degree in Public health, Pharmacy, Nursing or Biological sciences
- A minimum of 2 years professional work experience in public health, project management and stakeholders/community engagements
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with community-based structures to improve patients access to services
- Comfortable with technology
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Tanzania
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.