Business Development Manager
- 21-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Company Relations
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- $55,000 to $60,000
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
Business Development Manager
LaunchCode is a non-profit solving the tech talent gap and paving new pathways to economic opportunity through apprenticeships and job placement in technology. Since 2013, we've launched almost 3,000 careers across the nation and have provided free, skills-based training to over 9,000 driven individuals. Check out our most recent impact report here.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager lays the foundation of the sales effort by identifying prospective clients and articulating the value of LaunchCode. They work strategically with our company team to find new customers that fit the LaunchCode ecosystem. As the first line of contact, they are able to understand the diverse business needs of our customers. They're quick on their feet and an expert in selling the value of non-traditional entry-level tech talent. They use their convincing personality and passion to win opportunities and close business.
Regular, in-person attendance is required.
Location: Kansas City, MO
GENERATE NEW OPPORTUNITIES (40%)
- Gain interest in new company partners through cold calling and cold emails
- Sell LaunchCode's mission and success to new companies who are not current partners
- Find new potential company partners at networking events
- Set up high-level meetings to pitch C-Suite level executives at Fortune 1000 companies
- Use existing community relationships to gain access to new potential company partners
- Achieves meeting metrics set by leadership.
CLOSE NEW BUSINESS (40%)
- Drive the sales cycle through MSA to placement
- Follow all best practices in completing MSA documents for internal purposes.
- Meet quarterly goals to achieve desired placement numbers
- Generate a majority of placements through LaunchCode's on-our-books model
MARKETING & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (10%)
- Serve as a general ambassador for LaunchCode - plan and host events designed to let the community know about LaunchCode programs and services, represent LaunchCode at community and stakeholder events, network with local organizations who can support LaunchCode students
- Work with the marketing team to develop and execute local social media and communication strategies.
- Help create locally-focused marketing for multiple audiences such as hiring partners, donors, and potential students and candidates
- Execution of other miscellaneous marketing needs as they arise
- Maintain ongoing local relationships and knowledge growth with educational workshops, professional publications, attending industry functions, etc.
- Speak publicly and deliver presentations to recruit participants and hiring partners generating awareness, and ultimately, signed commitments.
CANDIDATE MATCHING (5%)
- Use LaunchCode's internal data system to make best decision on which candidates to choose for an opportunity
- Reach out to selected candidate to gauge interest in the job opportunity and be persistent in outreach
- Properly mark candidates who are no longer searching for employment via LaunchCode's apprenticeship program
INTERVIEW COORDINATION (5%)
- Organize interviews between candidates and company partners
- Ensure candidates are well prepared before interviews take place
- Follow up with candidates the day interviews take place to ensure they do not forget and hurt the LaunchCode brand
- Follow up with company partners immediately following the interview to ask for apprenticeship offer
- Resilient and persuasive personality
- Sense of urgency in generating activity and outcomes
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making abilities
- Impeccable communication skills
- Intellect, passion, curiosity, hunger and grit
- Operates comfortably in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What it's like to work at LaunchCode
Are you a person who's always listening for connections? Got an earnest drive to open doors to opportunity for others and make an impact on their lives? If so, then you've come to the right place.
You're part of changing lives and changing the face of the tech industry. Traditionally, education and jobs in technology haven't been widely accessible to many demographics and populations. Of LaunchCode students enrolled in courses so far in 2021, 52% identify as people of color and 57% identify as women. More than 80% of LaunchCoders placed into paid apprenticeships in 2021 have been offered a permanent position, where the average LaunchCoder more than doubles their previous salary.
You'll pull together with your teammates to grow the organization's reach, our outcomes, and our sustainability. LaunchCode has a life-changing, career-making model. Our goal is to put it to use for as many people and companies as we can. Whether by reaching more learners, building more employer partnerships or securing more resources to support our programs, our people realize that growth and innovation are central to maximizing our impact in the world.
You'll be part of a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, students, and board. In 2019 and 2020, the St Louis Women's Foundation named LaunchCode as an honoree in its employment scorecard initiative for demonstrating a strong commitment to women in the workplace. Forbes also named us one of 2020's best startup employers in the U.S. But beyond external recognition, we believe deeply in Black Lives Matter, celebrating Pride all year round, and uplifting women in tech.
You'll be immersed in a culture based on shared values. We love to laugh, compete for the best GIF game on Slack, and show off our pets. We also share these values: collaboration, trust, appreciation, and being kind.
We Heart Diversity
LaunchCode supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly encourage folks from immigrant communities and communities of color, as well as those who identify as women, LGBTQ or under-resourced to apply. LaunchCode is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Program and employment policies of LaunchCode are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Full-Time, exempt - 40 hours per week
Benefits of full-time roles at LaunchCode
- Competitive salary: This will be a salaried position with a base of $55,000 to $60,000 and a competitive bonus based on performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance: We offer competitive healthcare (including access to an HSA), dental, and vision plans, and an optional life insurance plan. LaunchCode covers 100% of premiums for employees and 75% for dependents.
- 401K: After six months, we offer an employer match to a 401(k) plan up to 6% with immediate vesting.
- Personal time off: All full-time salaried employees get 25 Personal Time Off days per calendar year and 11 company holidays.
- Remote work: We recognize that the best work environment differs from person to person, and offer remote work options.
- Flexible work schedule: Everyone has different schedules and responsibilities. We encourage you to be "online" when you work best, as long as you are available for team meetings and can communicate effectively with your coworkers.
- Computer: LaunchCode provides a laptop reimbursement for all new employees.
- Professional development: Internal and external opportunities are budgeted for each employee's continued career growth each year.
- Paid and Unpaid leaves: Employees who have been with LaunchCode for at least 6 months are eligible for a Wellness leave plan of up to 3 weeks paid and 3 weeks unpaid. Employees who have been with LaunchCode for at least 1 year are eligible for a Wellness leave plan of up to 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid. Parental leave is offered to all eligible employees, regardless of gender. After one year of employment, employee are eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Apply online by filling out the form above. No phone calls, please. References should be available upon request. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We highly recommend applying as early as possible for the best chance of moving forward. The employment eligibility of all new hires will be verified using E-Verify.
If we can make any accommodations for you at any point during the hiring process (applying online, interviewing, on-boarding), please contact. We are happy to provide any information or resources that will make this process accessible.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page
Something looks off?