Senior Account Manager
Kiva is a global nonprofit, founded in 2005, with a mission to expand financial access and help underserved communities thrive. Kiva unlocks capital for borrowers through crowdfunded loans supported by individuals around the world. Lenders on Kiva can start with as little as $25 to support causes that matter most to them, whether that’s gender equity and support for women, refugees, climate change, small businesses, agriculture, and more. Since our founding, over two million people have invested $1.9 billion in real dreams and real opportunity, spanning more than 90 countries and 4.7 million borrowers.
As we work toward our mission, Kiva invests in building and retaining a global team of talent to add to our values-driven and digital-first culture. Our organization is supported by over 700 volunteers and 130+ full time employees dispersed around the world, as well as within team hubs located in San Francisco, Nairobi, Bogota, and Bangkok. Kiva’s team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to scale our impact and create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
This position is an integral part of Kiva's Strategic Partnerships team and will be focusing on Kiva’s partnerships program, known as managed lending. Managed lending is a solution for companies (as well as foundations and high-net-worth individuals) with philanthropic goals to donate funds to support Kiva’s mission.
The Senior Account Manager will lead the account strategy on employee engagement and cause marketing campaigns for Kiva’s partners (example here). Kiva’s partners leverage technology to deploy their funds efficiently through products like promotional lending credits or matching.
This role will focus on providing strong account management that deepens partnerships, ultimately driving more revenue and loan volume through partner campaigns. It will also liaise with Kiva’s marketing and creative teams to create partner materials, implement partner stewardship initiatives, and ensure alignment throughout the campaign planning process. This role will support launching a new product to Kiva’s partners including training, troubleshooting, gathering feedback, and collaborating with Kiva’s product teams.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Main responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary account manager for 25-45 larger accounts.
- Lead account strategy and implementation for larger corporate partners, including throughout the entire lifecycle of the partnership
- Manage deployment of funds responsible for 40% of loan volume that comes from partner programs
- Incentivize top-ups, renewals, and referrals from partners through a customized stewardships strategy
- Develop and support new strategies for expanding and deepening Kiva’s partners through new funding and product opportunities
- Create detailed implementation plans for employee and customer engagement campaigns
- Work closely with the assigned relationship manager on all accounts
- Create a revamped partner onboarding experience and partner reengagement materials such as case studies, newsletters, infographics, and training materials
- Host webinars/calls to share information with managed accounts and get them up to speed on Kiva
- Lead product training sessions with partners and develop partner-facing product instructional materials
- Conduct user surveys/research of customers and end users (i.e. employees of corporate partners) to inform product design and strategy
- Provide both technical and tactical support to partners during campaign implementation
- Proactively identify pain points and areas of improvement in the account management processes
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, data, and other teams to drive a positive customer experience, while establishing deep and meaningful relationships with our partners
- Represent external partners’ needs in internal meetings and set clear expectations cross-functionally of expected outcomes for corporate launches
- Strategize with the Director on ways to improve the managed lending program and partner experience
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organization(s), ideally in account management/partnership, marketing/tech support, with significant experience working directly with corporations
- 4-5 years experience working in a customer/partnership-centric role that includes building relationships, understanding customer pain points, and how to deliver business outcomes/value
- 3-4 years experience leading integrated marketing campaigns and working on marketing-related projects such as product marketing, content marketing, and/or partner stewardship
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and very high EQ
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent listening skills; adept at using Salesforce and/or analytic/data tools
- Must be independent and trustworthy to take on and manage relationships, while also being a team player and communicative with a broad set of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Track record of building successful employee engagement and/or cause marketing campaigns for corporations and/or track record of upselling and expanding corporate accounts
- Experience launching a new technical product to customers, including asset development and training plans
- Deep interest in international development and financial inclusion and capable of speaking articulately about international development and microfinance, including a strong understanding of Kiva’s role and paths for growth
- Experience living or working internationally; particularly experience living or working in an emerging market
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations and international development
- Experience working with a remote team and utilizing Slack and Asana for communications and project management
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, generous PTO, and more.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range: $78K - $110K; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.