Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
At Khushi Baby (KB) we seek to motivate and monitor community health care at the last mile. We build and implement community-inspired digital health solutions to empower frontline health workers to deliver informed care for pregnant women, children, and other vulnerable groups.
Khushi Baby is the Nodal Technical Support Partner to the Government of Rajasthan’s Department of Medical, Health, and Family Welfare, responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the State’s integrated community health platform out of the Rajasthan State Data Center.
Collectively, Khushi Baby’s solutions have been used by over 70,000 community health workers in the last year, with independent modules for COVID-19 active surveillance and longitudinal reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health tracking. These solutions have been used to track the health of over 20 million beneficiaries, making Khushi Baby’s m-health platform for government-employed community health workers, the second largest in the world. Beyond Rajasthan, we also have current solutions deployed in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana.
Our solutions have included a variety of novel technology implementations and integrations including Near Field Communication, facial biometrics, and AI/ML for fraud detection. These solutions have emerged from over 7 years of experience working closely with health workers in the field in 400 villages of Udaipur.
We are seeking a mature, motivated, mission-driven Backend Developer to join our lean technology team to help sustain existing solutions and help us build out/continue support to our ongoing “Community Health Integrated Platform” to serve as a model innovation for the Central Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
This engineer will work with our android developers, backend developers, data scientist, Implementation and Testing Lead, Program Lead, and Design and Impact Leads to build and maintain robust, compliant, and scalable backend applications
We are looking for passionate, self-starters and team players who want to make a positive footprint on the health of families from underserved communities by applying their deep knowledge of technology as a vehicle for impact.
What we require:
- A willingness to put our mission first and to go to the last mile to ensure your solution is creating impact
- 4+ years of professional combined working experience developing backend applications
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skill and the ability to share/collaborate with peers
- Extensive knowledge of automated deployments CI/CD pipelines, RESTful API design, version management, caching, data security and testing frameworks
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, Docker / Kubernetes
- Medical insurance.
- Free medical second opinions from CEO.
- Flexible vacation scheduling.
- Flexible work policies for those menstruating, needing time off for mental health, needing time for grievance of a loved one, religious fasting, etc.
- Monthly field visits.
- Make an impact through your daily work.
- Learning opportunities with world class research institutions (Yale, Harvard).
Remuneration offered will be best as per the market standards commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skill sets.
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please send your detailed CV with a writing sample, specifically mentioning the "post applied for" in subject line to [email protected]
Khushi Baby is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, caste, creed, age, disability, income-level, or belief system and we strongly encourage applications from those who have overcome hardships in their lives.