At Khushi Baby (KB) we seek to motivate and monitor community health care at the last mile. We build and implement community-inspired digital health solutions to empower frontline health workers to deliver informed care for pregnant women, children, and other vulnerable groups.
Khushi Baby is the Nodal Technical Support Partner to the Government of Rajasthan’s Department of Medical, Health, and Family Welfare, responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the State’s integrated community health platform out of the Rajasthan State Data Center.
Collectively, Khushi Baby’s solutions have been used by over 70,000 community health workers in the last year, with independent modules for COVID-19 active surveillance and longitudinal reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health tracking. These solutions have been used to track the health of over 20 million beneficiaries, making Khushi Baby’s m-health platform for government-employed community health workers, the second largest in the world. Beyond Rajasthan, we also have current solutions deployed in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana.
Our solutions have included a variety of novel technology implementations and integrations including Near Field Communication, facial biometrics, and AI/ML for fraud detection. These solutions have emerged from over 7 years of experience working closely with health workers in the field in 400 villages of Udaipur.
We are seeking a mature, motivated, mission-driven Data Engineer to join our team to take responsibilities of Data & Engineering Domain of programs & solutions, KB has developed/is dealing with in order to support KB to grow further & sustain through advocacy for a range of stakeholders, especially the state, central government and funding partners, to adapt and scale the solutions including our innovative model of "Community Health Integrated Platform (The CHIP)".
- Data mining, Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information
- Build, test, and maintain database pipeline architectures
- Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Develop algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Facilitate ongoing and collaborative learning within Khushi Baby based on existing data for continuous improvement of programme delivery.
- Support development and use of dashboards/data visualization of the projects KB is dealing with
- Support development/customization of KB digital solutions and participate in their data analysis
- Support the preparation of good technical reports on activities undertaken including programme reports.
- A full time Masters/ PG degree/ UG degree in Computer Science/AI/ML/Data Science/Big Data
- 2+ Years Hands on Experience in Data Science/Data Engineering
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation technique
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python/Scala etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js, plotly etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Indian Public Health System would be an added advantage
- Experience in M-Health domain would be an added advantage
- Strong coordination and planning skills
- Self-starter, can work independently and as part of a team
Remuneration offered will be best as per the market standards commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skill sets.
How to apply
Khushi Baby is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, caste, creed, age, disability, income-level, or belief system and we strongly encourage applications from those who have overcome hardships in their lives.
Something looks off?