Chief Technology Officer
At Khushi Baby (KB) we seek to motivate and monitor community health care at the last mile. We build and implement community-inspired digital health solutions to empower frontline health workers to deliver informed care for pregnant women, children, and other vulnerable groups.
Khushi Baby is the Nodal Technical Support Partner to the Government of Rajasthan’s Department of Medical, Health, and Family Welfare, responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the State’s integrated community health platform out of the Rajasthan State Data Center.
Collectively, Khushi Baby’s solutions have been used by over 70,000 community health workers in the last year, with independent modules for COVID-19 active surveillance and longitudinal reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health tracking. These solutions have been used to track the health of over 17 million beneficiaries, making Khushi Baby’s m-health platform for government-employed community health workers, the second largest in the world. Beyond Rajasthan, we also have current solutions deployed in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Our solutions have included a variety of novel technology implementations and integrations including Near Field Communication, facial biometrics, and AI/ML for fraud detection. These solutions have emerged from over 5 years of experience working closely with health workers in the field in 400 villages of Udaipur.
We are seeking a mature, motivated, mission-driven Chief Technology Officer to join our lean technology team to manage, sustain, and grow existing solutions and help us build out our forthcoming integrated community health platform to serve as a model innovation for the Central Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The CTO will work closely with the leadership team, policy/program team and growing technical team of 7 developers to ensure robust, compliant, and scalable digital health applications.
We are looking for passionate, self-starters and team players who want to make a positive footprint on the health of families from underserved communities by applying their deep knowledge of technology as a vehicle for impact.
What we require:
- A willingness to put our mission first and to go to the last mile to ensure your solution is creating impact
- 5-7 years of professional combined working experience developing Android and Backend applications
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skill and the ability to share/collaborate with peers
- You’ve managed, mentored, and inspired a small team of engineers providing architectural guidance, code reviews, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of microservices, automated deployments, RESTful APIs, version management, optimization, caching, data security and testing frameworks
- Proficiency with JAVA, Kotlin, XML, Android SDK, PostGres, MySQL, Git, Firebase, Ruby on Rails, Python, Kubernetes, Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka
- Experience in data pipeline and big data analysis
- Knowledge of MVP, MVC, MVVM design patterns
What we prefer:
- Background in public health, ICT4D, and digital health standard frameworks
- Experience with building offline-online capable apps
- Experience with facial biometrics, Near Field Communication, edge analytics
- Project management of 10+ live Khushi Baby projects
- Code Reviews
- Talent development
- Technical recruitment
How to apply
Khushi Baby gives high priority to gender equality in its organizational structure and employment opportunities.
Something looks off?