Fundraising Operations Associate
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the mission to deliver a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Our proven learning platform offers free, high-quality supplemental learning content and practice that cover Pre-K - 12th grade and early college core academic subjects, focusing on math and science. We have over 155 million registered learners globally and are committed to improving learning outcomes for students worldwide, focusing on learners in historically under-resourced communities.
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life, and so do we. Our team includes people from academia, traditional/non-traditional education, big tech companies, and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences because it makes our company stronger. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as necessary to achieve our mission and impact the communities we serve. We know that transforming education starts in-house with learning about ourselves and our colleagues. We strive to be world-class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented fundraising operations associate to join our team. If you have a profound appreciation for data-hygiene, efficient processes, and a well-run database and are excited to make that happen, this is the right role for you. The right candidate will relish efficient processes and managing operations and systems. The Fundraising Operations Associate also plays an important frontline role responding to all donor inquiries to ensure questions are answered and that all supporters have a positive experience.
The Fundraising Operations Associate maintains the operational foundation of the philanthropy department and provides important donor stewardship touchpoints, helping to ensure that Khan Academy has the necessary support for our mission. This role is the true superhero of the team enabling the entire team’s success.
The position reports to the Leader, Operations, and Special Projects.
The fundraising operations associate will provide comprehensive operational and administrative support for the philanthropy team to ensure accurate reporting, tracking, and stewardship. The donor associate also interacts directly with donors in an important customer support role. As the needs of the philanthropy team evolve, the associate will be asked to lead and/or support special projects to enhance or make more efficient, team operations.
- Serve as the main point of contact and data manager for the Philanthropy CRM System (Salesforce) and other philanthropy systems.
- Ensure all donations from all sources (checks, workplace giving, Donor Advised Funds, social, website) are accurately entered and maintained in the Salesforce database.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity across systems and maintain Salesforce as a “source of truth” by regularly deduping records, verifying data, correcting mistakes, and communicating all business rules, changes and updates to appropriate staff.
- Support accurate data migration between systems by running reports, reviewing data sets and identifying inconsistencies and gaps.
- Ensure the donation platform (Classy) is functioning correctly. Conduct user testing, respond to issues being reported directly by donors, and escalate issues and instances of possible fraud to finance and security with relevant screenshots and documentation.
- Work alongside the data analyst to create and maintain reports and dashboards for all philanthropy functions to track progress
- Support campaigns and mailings, inform fundraising strategy, and increase the efficiency of daily tasks.
- Collaborate with philanthropy and finance team members to create and/or improve and document business processes that are essential for the organization’s fundraising success e.g. financial reconciliation, processes for donor refund requests and donation receipts etc.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure audit compliance.
Gift processing & reconciliation
- Ensure expedient and accurate gift processing, and over see the entire process from intake to data entry to formal acknowledgments and thank you letters for donations and soft credits to accurately store final grant agreements and acknowledgments.
- Manage accurate and timely confirmations of workplace giving matching gift programs.
- Prepare reports and liaise with the finance team members on monthly reconciliation.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all incoming donor inquiries received through Zendesk and maintain a high quality of customer care and service for all donors and Khan Academy community members including handling donor questions, requests for additional information, and refunds.
- Update acknowledgment letters and write other communication materials as requested.
- Assist in handling logistics of philanthropy functions such as coordinating events, invitations, and materials.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3-5 years of fundraising operations experience
- 2+ years working in a Salesforce, ideally as a super-user or primary analyst.
- Motivated by the Khan Academy mission “to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Experience with all aspects of donor operations including gift acknowledgments, reconciliation processes etc.
- High standard of excellence, superior attention to detail, a profound commitment to accuracy and follow-through.
- A systematic mindset; the ability to map & document business processes.
- Strong organizational skills, including time-management, ability to work efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated excellent written communication, including ability to interface directly with donors via email and to produce polished and compelling communication and effective oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and manage projects across team members and functions
- Proven cross-cultural competency skills demonstrating self-awareness, awareness of other, and the ability to adopt inclusive perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors to drive inclusion and belonging throughout the organization.
- High degree of professionalism, tact, sensitivity, and level of confidentiality; a good sense of humor and a can-do optimism is a plus
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Please note that this position requires regular (weekly) commuting to the office for check processing and other administrative tasks, so the Fundraising Operations Associate must be in commuting distance of Mountain View, CA.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well! We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – Your well-being is a priority.
- Remote-first culture - that caters to your time zone, with open flexibility as needed, at times
- Generous parental leave
- An exceptional team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to do your best
- The chance to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Opportunities to connect through affinity, ally, and social groups
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and life
At Khan Academy we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, the well-being of our employees, and our Khan community. This belief is why we have built out a robust Total Rewards package that includes competitive base salaries, and extensive benefits and perks to support physical, mental, and financial well-being.
The target salary range for this position is $77,600 - $97,000 USD. The pay range for this position is a general guideline only. The salary offered will depend on internal pay equity and the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, qualifications, and job market data. Exceptional performers in this role who make an outsized contribution can make well in excess of this range. Additional incentives are provided as part of the complete total rewards package in addition to comprehensive medical and other benefits.
MORE ABOUT US
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Sal's TED talk from 2023
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.