International Districts Lead
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the mission to deliver a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Our proven learning platform offers free, high-quality supplemental learning content and practice that cover Pre-K - 12th grade and early college core academic subjects, focusing on math and science. We have over 155 million registered learners globally and are committed to improving learning outcomes for students worldwide, focusing on learners in historically under-resourced communities.
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life, and so do we. Our team includes people from academia, traditional/non-traditional education, big tech companies, and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences because it makes our company stronger. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as necessary to achieve our mission and impact the communities we serve. We know that transforming education starts in-house with learning about ourselves and our colleagues. We strive to be world-class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
At Khan Academy, we are looking to drive systemic, country-based change internationally through a network of local teams and partners supported by the Khan Academy team. We currently have teams on the ground in India, Peru, Brazil, and the Philippines, and these teams are focused on implementing Khan Academy in government schools.
As we look to grow our international reach in new geographies and deepen our impact in our existing places of work, we are seeking an International Districts Lead with proven leadership skills and passion for educational equity. This individual will play a pivotal role in supporting our global partners as they set up, scale, and implement Khan Academy within their educational settings. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in planning and implementing educational programs and developing and delivering resources for educational program implementation, with experience in teacher training, stakeholder management, and building learning communities.
Working in close collaboration with various stakeholders, this individual will ensure our country partners are equipped with the necessary resources and knowledge to deliver successful educational programs. This role also involves supporting our team in building a learning network for efficient and effective knowledge sharing among our global partners.
In this role you will:
- Grow relationships with our global implementation partners and help them launch and implement Khan Academy – this includes onboarding, training, rostering, user support, and use of data
- Collaborate with global partners on how to optimize school implementation success by testing new ideas, developing initiatives to motivate teachers and students, and measuring results
- Facilitate customized in-person and virtual professional development sessions for global partners on how to effectively use Khan Academy
- Support development of learning network / sharing of best practices, including our curriculum to onboard new local partners
- Build our learning muscle by analyzing quantitative and qualitative feedback from global partners
- Keep global partners informed on new product changes and help them manage school implementations accordingly
- Conduct period reviews with global partners on program progress, including long-term strategic planning and short-term actions to drive usage
- Collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues across Khan Academy in content, data, and in-country teams in the US, India, Brazil, and Peru
WHAT YOU BRING
- Motivated by the Khan Academy mission “to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere."
- Proven cross-cultural competency skills demonstrating self-awareness, awareness of other, and the ability to adopt inclusive perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors to drive inclusion and belonging throughout the organization.
- 4-5 yrs of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of teachers and school districts and a clear passion for education (having been an educator is an added advantage).
- Experience working in international educational contexts, preference with experience in Asia and Latin America.
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A skilled collaborator - you can work with multiple teams simultaneously and know how to coordinate dependencies between them without needing formal authority.
- Outstanding communication skills. Able to communicate concisely and persuasively in multiple formats, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills. Comfortable & skilled at identifying trends, and drawing evidence-based conclusions to adjust implementation plans.
- A quick learner; you immerse yourself in new problems and quickly get up to speed.
- Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation and a bias toward action.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done as we grow.
- Willing to travel and work across multiple time zones.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well! We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – Your well-being is a priority.
- Remote-first culture - that caters to your time zone, with open flexibility as needed, at times
- Generous parental leave
- An exceptional team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to do your best
- The chance to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Opportunities to connect through affinity, ally, and social groups
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and life
At Khan Academy we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, the well-being of our employees, and our Khan community. This belief is why we have built out a robust Total Rewards package that includes competitive base salaries, and extensive benefits and perks to support physical, mental, and financial well-being.
The target salary range for this position is $96k-$121k USD / $121k-$151k CAN. The pay range for this position is a general guideline only. The salary offered will depend on internal pay equity and the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, qualifications, and job market data. Exceptional performers in this role who make an outsized contribution can make well in excess of this range. Additional incentives are provided as part of the complete total rewards package in addition to comprehensive medical and other benefits.
MORE ABOUT US
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Sal's TED talk from 2023
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.