Services and Operations Intern
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Our platforms include more than 70,000 practice problems, videos and articles that cover a range of preK-12 subjects. Khan Academy’s mastery-based learning system allows students to learn key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. Our award-winning free app for young children ages two to eight is Khan Academy Kids. In the US, we partner with more than 280 school districts that serve students who are historically under-resourced. Worldwide, more than 150 million registered learners have used Khan Academy in 190 countries and 51 languages. For more information, please see research findings about Khan Academy and our press center.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY BRAZIL
Khan Academy Brazil aims to deliver a world class user experience to learners that is locally relevant with content, programs, and resources for teachers, schools, and districts. Our platform is a supplemental educational digital resource that offers interactive activities based on mastery-based learning for K-12 grades covering Math, Portuguese, and Science, all aligned to BNCC. We are serving more than 6 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels, including both independent learners and teacher directed learners in schools. Our goal is to scale the impact of our platform by focusing on partnerships with public districts in Brazil.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Assist the district program with service delivery activities including support, training, rostering, and data reports
- Organize, monitor, and optimize implementation processes for the adoption of Khan Academy in public district partnerships and learning communities
- Execute and support marketing channel programs along the teacher's lifecycle at Khan Academy — acquisition, engagement, retention, and reactivation
- Support local operations of Khan Academy in Brazil
You are someone:
- Pursuing a degree in administration, marketing, public relations, or related fields with availability for 1-2 years of internship
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Having strong analytical skills, attention to details, organizational capabilities, and a bias for action
- Proficient in using spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel) for data collection, data analysis, and metrics monitoring
- Comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced remote work environment, adaptable and flexible to address additional responsibilities, and open to learn new software applications
- Living in the Greater São Paulo is a plus and availability for ad-hoc meetings in São Paulo required
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- Familiar with email (Sailthru), workflow (Trello), CRM (Salesforce), social media (Meta for Business), or design (Adobe) tools (a plus)
- Knowledgeable of the Brazilian public education system and the ed-tech ecosystem (a plus)
- Residence in the Greater São Paulo (a plus) and flexibility to periodically visit our office in São Paulo, Brazil, to interact with the Latam team
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. work from home and flexible schedules
- Premium medical and dental plans with life insurance
- Wellness benefits, i.e. personal time off beyond regular vacations
- Professional development focus
- A kind place to work
- Sal's TED talk from 2023
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://youtu.be/W33tZb9qF6I
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space provided below.
- Please address the task below and attach your response in the space provided for the Cover Letter below.
Write a one-pager (in English) to the public district administrator containing a summary with a proposed ranking of the schools and recommendations of next steps based on the results observed in the schools after 3 months of usage of Khan Academy in the table below:
Average active students
Average engaged students
Notes: Registered students are students with accounts in Khan Academy. Active students accessed the platform at least 30s per month. Engaged students used the platform at recommended usage of at least 30 min per month.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.