Country Director - Kyrgyzstan
About the position:
The scope and depth of work of the Country Directorrequires experience and in-depth understanding of health and development issuesin the Kyrgyzstan region as well as Programme and management expertise toprovide Inteleheath field offices and programmes with the support they need totranslate Intelehealths strategic plans into effective development initiativesand results and build strong partnerships. The Country Director will liaisewith the government, multilateral aid organizations such as UNICEF, UNFPA, MSFand donors such as corporates, foundation, etc. to implement a sustainable andscalable national telemedicine Programme in Kyrgyzstan. Reporting to theSr. Director of Programs, the Country Director oversees the strategicdevelopment of the partnerships, fundraising and oversight of programmeimplementation in the country, to ensure delivery results as planned, nationalstrategies and accountability framework. At the country level, whereIntelehealth does not have a presence, the Country Office (CO) will provideintegrated policy, technical and financial support so as to ensure a stronger,more coordinated response to advancing telemedicines at the national level. Atthe Country level, Country Director will manage and monitor the nationalprogrammes project team, oversee the operations of the office and buildstrategic partnerships at the policy and programme level.
EssentialDuties And Responsibilities:
1. 1. Program Leadership: Provide advisory and specialized strategic supportto the Regional Office
- Work with the Sr. Director of Programs and in country/regional stakeholders to advise, guide, and provide substantive inputs to the country strategy and to the formulation of relevant, high quality, results-based and rights-based country programs and projects;
- Prepare policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/materials for use in the development and presentation of a coherent regional strategy;
- Assess the country level and sub-regional level annual work plans and present and make recommendations and conclusions to pilot in development planning.
- Consult and collaborate with stakeholders and partners to provide technical and operational support on planning, management and implementation
2. Program management and operations
- Manage work plans to ensure they are harmonized, implemented along stated timelines and are tracked to ensure consistency with strategic and operational plan priorities
- Oversee the implementation of country programs;
- Lead the monitoring of progress on mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators and timely action/decision and/or provide timely support; Identify areas that may require improvement and capture best practices/lessons learned;
- Ensure knowledge management products developed by the organization/team meets high quality standards
- Manage the timely allocation of funds. Monitor and ensure the appropriate utilization of resources approved and allocated to national programmes and projects;
- Reporting: Prepare program reports for submission to donors, board of directors and other stakeholders as required
3. Product Support
- Liaise with the technology team to develop customized tech solutions per the government requirements and needs
- Serve as a product owner for the project-specific tech development
- Develop the overall product strategy for the country, user needs, features required through user research and implementation experiences.
- Oversee the operational services and ensure delivery of- financial, procurement and IT services-- of Intelehealth’s country programs and projects;
- Ensure compliance of all services according to rules, regulations, processes and procedures and Intelehealth’s accountability framework;
- Provide technical support to preparation of the country budget and submission process.
- Collaboratewith inter-agency partners/colleagues on development planning of programmes;
- Providetechnical inputs and support to the Country Representatives in establishing andmaintaining effective consultations with governments, partners, stakeholdersand donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances onprogram development and implementation, resource mobilization and sustainedpartnerships;
- Act asOfficer in Charge.
6. Provide strategic partnership building and resource mobilizationstrategies
- Provide strategic support to thedevelopment of national resource mobilization efforts to the CO and others asnecessary;
- Build partnerships with localand national I/NGOs in all regions of Kyrgyzstan
- Review donor reports for qualityassurance and compliance with commitment met and accountability frameworkestablished and to ensure that donors are duly informed on a timely basis.
- Review and evaluate proposalssubmitted to the CO and finalize donor proposals and reports.
7. Participate in knowledge management and capacity building efforts
- Ensure regular assessments ofregional and country strategic and implementation plans. Identify lessonslearned and areas of emphasis to guide program improvements and futurestrategic development plan;
- Design and implement capacitybuilding training activities to enhance skills and knowledge in Results BasedManagement, results based budgeting, and systematic quality assurance.
Timely achievement of program results and Country Operations in line with country strategy and Intelehealth Plan
Quality and timely reporting to the CPO as per the strategic plan
Effective program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
Performance of CO team members
Regular quality, knowledge management, innovative initiatives and information dissemination. Foster and expand network of partners like Govts, multilateral aid organizations and donors to support Intelehealths’ vision and mission
- Bachelor's degree (orequivalent) in public health, medicine, business administration, social work orequivalent
10 -12 years experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development programs- some of which should be in the area of public health or other development sector fields, preferably in developing countries
Minimum 2 years of experience working in health
Experience working in ICT4D or Digital Health or mHealth or eHealth preferred
Experience in leading national and international resource mobilization efforts
Experience in leading and managing external relations and partnerships with national governments and multi-national aid organizations
Experience in progressively demonstrating skills in management, diplomacy and negotiations at high level with Governments and multi-national aid organizations
Experience in leading a team.
Excellent program formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management principles and approaches
Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver them on time
Demonstrated political acumen and technical capacity in representing the organization effectively in national and international fora to advocate and to promote organizational priorities, initiatives
Excellent communication skills - fluency in English and Russian is a MUST
Proven ability to manage professional relationships and to work under pressure
Willingness to travel to project locations 60% of the time, including international travel
Candidates preferred from Kyrgyzstan or open to relocate to Kyrgyzstan.
Something looks off?