VP - Engineering
This is a remote position.
We are seeking an experienced VP - Engineering to lead our team of developers in designing and building high-quality software solutions for our Android and Web applications. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in designing and developing software systems and applications using the latest technologies. S/he needs to be a hands on techie who can also see the big picture.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the company's technical roadmap, ensuring alignment with Org goals and objectives.
• Lead the engineering team, providing guidance, mentorship and support to team members.
• Understand market needs in the digital health space intimately. Work closely with the CTO & Director of Product development to define product requirements that align with the organization’s goals & OKRs
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver projects on time with quality
• Manage the design, development and maintenance of our mobile and web app Telemedicine solutions, ensuring high-quality code and excellent user experience.
• Build strong team by hiring & retaining the right talent - Ensure Capacity building by upskilling & continuous improvements
• Identify and implement new technologies and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our engineering team.
• Develop and manage the engineering budget, ensuring the efficient use of resources.
• Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations.
- Bachelor's or Master’s (preferred) Engineering degree in Computer science, Software Engineering or a related field preferably from tier-1 or 2 colleges
- Minimum of 13 years’ experience of which atleast 2 years as a Sr. Director/Director - Engg
- Strong experience in building Android applications using XML, Java, and Kotlin
- Strong experience in developing Web applications using CSS, HTML, Angular 12+, NodeJS, core Java, and MySQL
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles, including object-oriented design, design patterns and best practices such as MVVM, Android Jetpack etc
- Strong working knowledge of the general mobile and web architectures
- Experience in Telemedicine and AI-ML applications desirable
- Strong presentation, articulation & interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Experience in Agile development process & Tools and Understanding of design patterns.
- Prior experience working with digital public goods in healthcare and open source software such as OpenMRS is beneficial
- Prior knowledge of healthcare technology standards and interoperability (FHIR, HL7) is highly desired