Position: Board Director / Trustee
Term: 3 years
iProbono is an organisation that enables people to access their rights in pursuit of a just society. It is a UK-registered charity and a company limited by guarantee – with a strong presence across South Asia (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Pakistan), an administrative hub in the UK and a cooperative relationship with iProbono (India) Legal Services which is registered in India.
iProbono provides holistic counsel with a strong lean team that delivers strategic direction and execution of legal programs, while also leveraging the expertise and commitment of a global community of pro bono lawyers. By promoting active citizenship and engaging a holistic model iProbono:
● Advances justice for all by representing people in need;
● Strengthens the impact of civil society; and
● Advocates for policies that promote social equity and end discrimination.
What are we looking for?
iProbono is seeking two new Trustees to strengthen our nimble, dynamic board and shape the next chapter of iProbono’s growth. Our Trustees work with a leadership team that believes in creativity, empathy and pragmatism to deliver social justice solutions to the most vulnerable people in our communities. As a Trustee, you will be responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the organisation. Trustees are directors of the company.
We are looking for people with a diverse range of skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We are particularly interested in those who may possess some of the following skills and experience:
· Broad communications experience with extensive knowledge of social media to provide guidance to shape our strategy and put soul into our communications, taking our impact stories to a global audience.
· Experience of working as a development/fundraising professional with in-depth knowledge of donors and the ability to open the doors to new opportunities.
· Financial / accounting experience.
· Experience of being on the Board of a civil society organisation working closely with the core team on governance, fulfilling financial and legal responsibilities.
● Knowledge or experience of working in the Global South, particularly in the South Asia region.
● Experience of working in the fields of justice, legal empowerment and capacity-building.
Trustees do not have to be based in the United Kingdom, but are expected to attend quarterly board meetings (i.e. 4 meetings per year), and an annual strategy day. It may be possible to attend some board meetings virtually. Trustees are also expected to provide general support, for example by membership of the Development Board or Finance Committee.
To apply, please email our CEO Mariam Faruqi at email@example.com by Thursday 15 February with your CV. Interviews (in person if possible) for potential candidates are planned during the week commencing 19 February and we hope to finalise new appointments shortly thereafter.