Manager of Partnerships
Manager of Partnerships
Are you a highly self-motivated individual with experience establishing and managing partnerships designed to help companies do good in the world? GlobalGiving is looking for a globally-minded professional with excellent communication, project management, and relationship-building skills. You will be responsible for supporting the activities of GlobalGiving’s Growth team and its portfolio of corporate partners. You'll have the opportunity to join a dynamic and mission-oriented team committed to using business as a force for good. The successful candidate will have experience in partnership or client management and working with companies on global CSR and philanthropic programs.
Please note: this is a 24-month termed position, with the opportunity to become a permanent role.
We have a collaborative work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, and managing partnerships that support community-led organizations around the globe, this position is right for you.
The Manager of Partnerships is a key member of the Growth team responsible for managing ongoing partnerships with companies and supporting GlobalGiving in growing its roster of revenue-generating relationships. The Manager of Partnerships works closely with GlobalGiving’s operations and program teams to structure and implement corporate programs, and provides some major donor support.
- Manage relationships with high-profile, fast-paced companies in a way that contributes demonstrably to GlobalGiving's sustainability and mission. (70% of position time)
- Deepen relationships with existing corporate partners and identify new opportunities for engagement and supporting partner needs.
- Provide “committed to wow” level of service to partners.
- Oversee partnership delivery across GlobalGiving teams, including vetting, grants, operations, tech, and communications teams.
- Develop and manage complex projects with strong organizational and communications skills.
- Advise companies on international philanthropy.
- Bring value to our nonprofit partners through creative corporate partnerships.
- Work collaboratively with the team on improving the partnership management function and our value proposition for corporations and foundations.
- Create and deliver quantitative and qualitative reports using Salesforce, Excel, Metabase, and Canva (e.g., impact reports, grant reports, donation reports, and gift card redemption reports).
- Support the Growth team with project management and activities related to driving sustainable funding and partnerships (20% of position time)
- Research and identify high-potential donors.
- Provide donor support on charitable gift cards, launching disaster giving pages, and other ad hoc needs that may arise.
- Support the team’s prospecting efforts through upserving, research, strategic outreach, and relationship building to cultivate new deals and partnerships. (5% of position time)
- Develop relationships with prospective donors, closing new partnerships that drive both mission and financial sustainability; directly contribute to the team’s $7+ million earned revenue goal.
- Contribute content to support our marketing and communications to the corporate audience.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives within GlobalGiving that support the Growth team’s objectives and strategic priorities for growth and impact. (5% of position time)
- Stay current on shifting global political/regulatory environments, corporate philanthropy, and giving trends, and use this information in the service of meeting the team’s goals.
- Utilize Salesforce and other internal tools to maintain a real-time snapshot of relationships and forecast future revenue opportunities.
All candidates must be self-directed and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a desire to make an impact.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 5+ years experience in corporate giving, client management, donor engagement, and/or international giving partnerships; experience and familiarity with international corporate giving, major giving, or grantmaking are a plus.
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- A growth mindset and the unique ability to operate at a strategic level, but also roll up one’s sleeves on operational/day-to-day implementation.
- Strong client/account management and partnership development skills in a service-oriented environment, with specific experience working with corporations.
- Proven success in developing and presenting presentations and proposals to institutional partners/funders.
- A strong strategic orientation, with a demonstrated understanding of where GlobalGiving's approach fits in the philanthropic ecosystem.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel functions, and other reporting and data tools such as Metabase.
- Data entry and analysis skills, and the ability to provide recommendations based on insights gathered
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Experience working in an online business environment and a strong sense of the technology behind e-commerce, crowdfunding, and/or other philanthropic and cause programs.
- Open to business travel - primarily domestically, a few times a year.
- A sense of humor and a desire to work collaboratively.
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $75k to $85k annually depending on experience.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And, of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a 24-month termed position reporting to a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, with the possibility at the end of the term to convert into a full-time position. GlobalGiving is a hybrid workplace. While candidates based in the greater Washington, DC area are preferred, we will consider strong candidates who wish to work remotely. If you intend to apply as a remote worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to GlobalGiving’s COVID-19 Policy and Procedures upon their start date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.