Are you a storyteller who moves people to action with the right words, shared in the right format?
The Content Manager is a data-driven inbound marketer who manages content production for GlobalGiving. The Content Manager is responsible for sustaining and evolving our content marketing strategy to: increase traffic to our site, drive lead acquisition and revenue for charitable projects around the world, and develop sustainable, meaningful, and full lifecycle relationships with our varied customers.
Please note: this is a 24-month termed position, with the opportunity to become a permanent role.
We have a collaborative work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- You will work closely in a cross-functional capacity to develop content that positions GlobalGiving as a thought leader among its peers and constituents. This will require you to understand our key differentiators, be able to talk about our innovative products and solutions, and to develop content strategies to showcase these to our distinct audiences.
- You will be our resident expert in adapting tone, targeting, and style to reach both B2C and B2B individual and corporate donor audiences. You will also develop a strategy to help nonprofits seeking to increase their sustainability through valuable content. As part of this position, you will manage and continuously evolve our primary content marketing hub, the Learn Library, and also develop and execute content creation tactics across other owned channels to elevate the GlobalGiving brand and its suite of products.
- Using audience insights, you will learn what works, and create and curate compelling, engaging content that informs, inspires, thrills, and connects our users so that they are motivated to take action. Needless to say, this role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. While some of your work will involve writing or creating content, much of it will involve coaching our internal team, our partners, or contractors so they can turn their expertise into share-worthy content.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing, communications, journalism, international studies, information technology, or another relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience with content marketing strategy and execution, digital marketing strategy and execution, and SEO
- A proven record of achievement in meeting revenue or lead generation goals through agile content production for B2B and B2C target audiences
- Experience managing, guiding, and coaching fellow content contributors within a culture of innovation, respect, and trust
- An innate curiosity paired with the ability to collect, analyze, and report on data to inform all decisions
- A commitment to our core values, creativity, and the desire to change the world
- Demonstrated excellence in digital copywriting, content creation, editing, and curation
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems, lead generation software, and email marketing platforms—all essential tools that our specialist can draw upon to achieve goals and wow our core audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit
- Passion for advancing GlobalGiving’s voice and brand across a variety of media, including but not limited to video and earned media
- The ability to create content in HTML and CSS
- Technical expertise with HubSpot CMS tools
- Experience in WordPress
- Experience living or working in an international setting
- Knowledge of AP Style
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $75k to $85k
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a 24-month termed position reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, with the possibility at the end of the term to convert into a full-time position. GlobalGiving is a hybrid workplace. While candidates based in the greater Washington, DC area are preferred, we will consider strong candidates who wish to work remotely. If you intend to apply as a remote worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to GlobalGiving’s COVID-19 Policy and Procedures upon their start date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.