GiveDirectly (GD) provides cash grants directly to people living in extreme poverty. Since launching in 2011, GD has raised over $1B, delivered cash to more than 1.5 million recipients, launched operations in 15 countries, and continues to expand its reach across the Global South. GD has also grown the research base supporting unconditional cash with 20 randomized control trials from its programs, generating rigorous evidence across countries and contexts. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) has been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and agile. We work alongside 750+ individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. Team members at GiveDirectly attest that diversity, equity, and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but a fundamental part of our culture and values. We actively seek to recruit individuals from the communities we serve, and use DEI as a lens in our hiring practices, programs, and initiatives. Our goal is to maintain a workplace where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, and feel valued and respected for who they are. We continue to grapple with balancing inclusivity of all cultures and experiences while maintaining cohesion in our values. While there is much that we are still learning, we take care of one another, have fun, as well as provide flexible working hours wherever possible.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
This role is fully remote but must overlap with an East Africa timezone by 4 hours.
Application Deadline: November 3, 2023
Travel requirement: Must be able to travel ~1-2 times per year to one of our countries of operation for team retreats or field visits, unless otherwise indicated by manager
About this role
This role will provide cross-team support to the Growth department, with a dual focus on managing and improving the GiveDirectly.org website and supporting our donor experience team in processing donations and providing superlative customer support to GiveDirectly donors. You’ll get the opportunity to work on cross-functional projects across our Fundraising, Programs, and Research teams and drive direct impact for people living in extreme poverty.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong communicator and project manager with some experience with or demonstrated ability to learn product management and marketing.
What you’ll do
- Website Management
- Execute product roadmap for GiveDirectly.org with oversight and mentorship from Growth/Product leads with accountability to key performance metrics (site engagement, site ADV, conversion rate, etc.)
- Work alongside UI/UX Designer and internal and external Engineers to guide the design and launch of new webpages, polish existing pages, identify and resolve bugs, etc.
- Draft compelling copy and partner with Content and Programs teams to capture and showcase recipient content that contextualizes the transformative impact of cash for diverse audiences. Upload of content to website, blog and other public social profiles.
- Engage with high-level stakeholders across the organization (research, finance, compliance, operations) in representing GiveDirectly’s brand, recipient experiences, and the evidence supporting cash transfers
- Identify and pursue opportunities to boost brand consideration/affinity and unlock incremental online revenue through website updates, A/B tests, and product integrations
- Donor Experience Support Partner with Community Relations Manager to support donation processing and reply to donor inquiries as needed (somewhat seasonal, less in summer more in Dec and early Jan)
- Growth &/or Product Support
- Identify and pursue opportunities for revenue growth &/or superlative donor engagement across GiveDirectly’s marketing channels and products
What you’ll bring:
- 1-3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced role in marketing, agency, tech, freelance, consulting, or similar
- Hands-on experience managing or supporting a website (ideally, built on Wordpress) or demonstrated skill with tech platforms and a strong desire and capacity to learn
- Exceptional project management, extreme attention to detail and ownership mentality, and growth mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication and knack for storytelling across mediums
- Knowledge of or eagerness to learn about global development and cash transfers
- Knowledge of or eagerness to learn (via formal courses or self-study) SEO, UX/UI principles, web accessibility standards, user testing, data analysis
- Experience using Google Workplace suite - Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Experience with data analysis (e.g. funnel analysis, A/B test design, opportunity sizing)
- Basic HTML, CSS knowledge
- Experience with our Growth tech stack (Wordpress, Salesforce, Posthog, Google Analytics, Hubspot, Tableau, Zendesk, Ahrefs) or similar tools
- Experience with or strong eye for graphic design (Figma, Canva)
- Familiarity with Flourish or creating other data visualizations with Excel
At GiveDirectly, we strive to pay our employees generously and equitably. We use an accredited third party salary aggregator to ensure that staff’s total compensation package (base compensation + bonus) falls within the 75th percentile of similar roles, at similar organizations. We also have a no negotiation policy to ensure we are paying staff equitably across roles.
- The United States base salary for this role is $67,000.
- The Kenya base salary for this role is $42,000.
This role is fully remote, so if you are not based in the US or Kenya, we will share an estimated salary benchmark for the country you are based in during the hiring process.
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary, including bonus
- A robust health benefits plan (exact details will vary by country)
- Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
- Desk allowance and flexible work location
About the hiring process
Format: The hiring process follows the same general outline for all open roles:
First interview (30 mins)
Take home skills assignment (~2 hours)
Second interview (1 hour)*
Third interview (1 hour)*
Final interview (1 hour)
Reference checks (30 mins each)
*For some roles, second & third interviews are combined into a panel interview. If there are adjustments or variations on this process, those changes will be communicated during the first interview.
Venue: We conduct interviews over Google Meet with camera on (unless communicated otherwise).
Accessibility: Closed captioning is available during all Google Meet interviews, and interviewers will also post interview questions in the chat box throughout the call. If you need assistance accessing either of these features, please let your interviewer know at the start of your interview!
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**