Director of AI Programs
ABOUT FAST FORWARD
Tech is ubiquitous. Tech solutions for social problems are not. An emerging class of startups is building tech to solve these social problems. They are tech nonprofits. Fast Forward bridges the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits, so they can scale solutions to our world’s most urgent problems.
Fast Forward’s focus areas are its Startup Accelerator, Growth Accelerator, and partner programs that engage the broader tech ecosystem. To date, Fast Forward’s portfolio of tech nonprofits have impacted 139M lives and raised $519M in follow-on funding. 86% of the portfolio have a founder who has personal experience with the problem, 66% have a founder who is a woman, and 79% have a founder who is a person of color.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling startups that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact. Visit us: http://www.ffwd.org.
Fast Forward is seeking a Director of AI Programs to lead Fast Forward’s programming for nonprofits leveraging AI.
AI is changing how all organizations work, including how nonprofits deliver impact. No one knows exactly how nonprofits should leverage these technologies to improve operations and service delivery.
The Director of AI Programs is a high impact role that will set the overall direction and then lead the delivery of how Fast Forward helps nonprofits make the best use of AI for improved operations and service delivery. In this role, you will meet with nonprofits to discover the problems they’re facing and explore what value AI for humanity may be able provide. Based on this discovery, you will shape the work of our collaborative team to design programs to assist nonprofits.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, driven, and confident AI can be used to help people. Due to the collaborative nature of Fast Forward’s work with an ecosystem, this role is for a natural relationship builder who loves partnering with companies and experts to create programs from scratch. This role is for someone looking for the opportunity to work in an inspiring and dynamic environment where their attention to detail and communication skills will truly shine.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA; it is a full-time, in-office role (no remote or hybrid work).
- Develop the vision and roadmap of impactful programming for nonprofits that helps them leverage the latest advance in AI
- Launch and manage end-to-end of programming including the design, program logistics, calendar management, invite list, budget, team coordination, CRM maintenance, and post-event analysis
- Partner with Fast Forward’s network of tech companies, mentors, and funding partners to deliver this unique programming
- Meet nonprofits where they are in their AI journey and explore gaps and operational challenges where AI might help improve operations, service delivery, and ultimately, outcomes and impact
- Be Fast Forward's AI for humanity point person with our nonprofits, translating their needs into volunteer technical assistance, coaching engagements, proofs of concept, or product prototypes
- Keep pulse on the AI for Good conversation
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for someone with these specific traits and experience:
- 5+ years in a technology, product management, or program management role with some technical understanding of AI and AI ethics
- Passionate about AI and social impact
- Knowledgeable about AI technologies, companies, and players in the space
- Entrepreneurial, able to gather customer insights, generate program ideas, gather resources, and execute on a vision
- Strong project management skills, including: a bias towards action, keen analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Collaborative, loving working with a team to pull off big ideas
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- Or any combination of education, experience, and measurable performance that demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of the position
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 401k retirement plan & employer matching
- Office is located in a beautiful national park - The Presidio - with free transit to/from downtown San Francisco!
- Every other Friday is a half day
- Platinum medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Most importantly, input on the office snack order
Note: In accordance with federal, state, and local safety guidelines, this role is expected to be performed in-person, in San Francisco.
Fast Forward is a social justice organization founded on the idea that those with proximity to the problem should have proximity to the power to fix them. Our true north is empowering tech nonprofit leaders with the tools, community, and capital they need to scale solutions for underserved groups, and we know that a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is inextricable from that pursuit. Read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Guidelines to learn how we approach DEI across our investments, community, and workplace.
Fast Forward is an equal opportunity employer.