Programs and Events Manager
ABOUT FAST FORWARD
Tech is ubiquitous. Tech solutions for social problems are not. An emerging class of startups is building tech to solve these social problems. They are tech nonprofits. Fast Forward bridges the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits, so they can scale solutions to our world’s most urgent problems.
Fast Forward’s focus areas are its Startup Accelerator, Growth Accelerator, and partner programs that engage the broader tech ecosystem. To date, Fast Forward’s portfolio of tech nonprofits have impacted 139M lives and raised $519M in follow-on funding. 86% of the portfolio have a founder who has personal experience with the problem, 66% have a founder who is a woman, and 79% have a founder who is a person of color.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling startups that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact. Visit us: http://www.ffwd.org.
Fast Forward is hiring an experienced Programs Manager to work closely with the VP of Programs to drive success of our best-in-class programs for tech nonprofits and Fast Forward’s corporate partners.
The Manager will be deeply involved in planning and executing programming for the tech nonprofits in Fast Forward’s portfolio and Fast Forward partners. Such programs include: corporate pro bono mentorship for tech nonprofits, consultant support for tech nonprofits, accelerator programming, virtual volunteering opportunities, corporate social responsibility events, and other in-person and virtual experiences that spur growth and excitement for social impact tech. A true startup environment, you will be tasked with a range of responsibilities to facilitate events and grow our programming portfolio.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA; it is a full-time, in-office role (no remote work).
- Plan and coordinate Fast Forward programming with the Programs team including corporate pro bono opportunities for tech nonprofits, consultant support for tech nonprofits, Accelerator programming, virtual volunteering opportunities, Corporate Social Responsibility events, and more.
- Corporate Pro Bono Opportunities: Fast Forward organizes a range of virtual volunteering opportunities for corporate partners wanting to support tech nonprofits. This virtual support happens in the form of mentorship, strategic design support, storytelling practice, coaching, and more. Each program requires months-long coordination with dozens of tech nonprofits and corporate volunteers from around the globe.
- Consultant Support for Tech Nonprofits: Volunteers from Fast Forward’s partner companies are paired with tech nonprofits from Fast Forward’s portfolio for 4-12 week consulting projects on strategic issues. Requires coordination with several tech nonprofits and volunteer groups, project scoping, scheduling support, and more.
- Pitch Camps & Roundables: Virtual 2-hour events for tech nonprofits and corporate employees that Fast Forward puts on every month or so. Each requires the management of 50+ tech nonprofit attendees, executing on an email invite strategy, volunteer matching, and more.
- Startup Accelerator: Annual 3-month hybrid program. It requires coordination with ten tech nonprofits around the globe and the planning and execution of multiple in-person weeks and 6+ hours of weekly virtual programming. Also, coordination with over a dozen speakers, 100+ mentors, and more.
- Demo Days: The culminating events of the Startup Accelerator, in New York City, San Francisco, and Virtual. Demo Days feature pitches from the tech nonprofits in the Startup Accelerator cohort and draw an audience of 200+ leaders in corporate social responsibility, foundation leaders, and more. They require vendor management, run of show planning, speaker practice, and more.
- Generally run the end-to-end programming of these events including the design, program logistics, calendar management, invite list, budget, team coordination, CRM maintenance, and post-event analysis
- Generally work with Fast Forward’s tech nonprofit portfolio and our corporate and foundation partners to execute meaningful programs for tech nonprofits and employee volunteers
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for someone with these specific traits and experience:
- Passionate about tech for good, corporate social responsibility, and the nonprofit sector
- Skilled in project management and prioritization - ability to backwards plan and execute on both long-term and short-term projects (at the same time!)
- Experience with event planning
- Excited by creating and maintaining systems (you love a good color coordinated calendar)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong customer service mindset & outstanding interpersonal skills (you love nothing more than creating and hosting fantastic event experiences)
- Exceptional attention to detail. Doesn’t make low-effort mistakes
- Growth mindset and proactive problem solver
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- 3+ years of work experience (preferably in events)
- Experience with Notion
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with HubSpot
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 401k retirement plan & employer matching
- Office is located in a beautiful national park - The Presidio - with free transit to/from downtown San Francisco!
- Every other Friday is a half day
- Platinum medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Most importantly, input on the office snack order
Note: In accordance with federal, state, and local safety guidelines, this role is expected to be performed in-person, in San Francisco.
Fast Forward is a social justice organization founded on the idea that those with proximity to the problem should have proximity to the power to fix them. Our true north is empowering tech nonprofit leaders with the tools, community, and capital they need to scale solutions for underserved groups, and we know that a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is inextricable from that pursuit. Read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Guidelines to learn how we approach DEI across our investments, community, and workplace.
Fast Forward is an equal opportunity employer.