Foundation Partnerships Coordinator
ABOUT FAST FORWARD
Tech is ubiquitous. Tech solutions for social problems are not. An emerging class of startups is building tech to solve these social problems. They are tech nonprofits. Fast Forward bridges the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits, so they can scale solutions to our world’s most urgent problems.
Fast Forward’s focus areas are its Startup Accelerator, Growth Accelerator, and partner programs that engage the broader tech ecosystem. To date, Fast Forward’s portfolio of tech nonprofits have impacted 139M lives and raised $519M in follow-on funding. 86% of the portfolio have a founder who has personal experience with the problem, 66% have a founder who is a woman, and 79% have a founder who is a person of color.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling startups that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact. Visit us: http://www.ffwd.org.
Fast Forward is seeking a highly organized and proactive Foundation Partnerships Coordinator to help our portfolio of 100 nonprofits cultivate relationships with philanthropic institutions. The ideal candidate is a natural relationship builder, loves making connections and is extremely detail oriented. They are looking for the opportunity to work in an inspiring and dynamic environment where their attention to detail and communication skills will truly shine.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA; it is a full-time, in-office role (no remote work).
- Steward relationships with institutional funders to grow support for Fast Forward’s portfolio of tech nonprofits.
- Identify and research key stakeholders at institutional funders and foster strong relationships.
- Attend conferences and events to grow Fast Forward’s network.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date database of foundation contacts, requirements, and deadlines.
- Assist in scheduling meetings, events, and appointments with philanthropists.
- Ensure all appointments and meetings are well-organized and in line with objectives.
- Prepare meeting materials, including agendas, reports, and presentations.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure meeting logistics are smooth and effective.
- Take minutes and follow up on action items as required.
- Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion and tact.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for someone with these specific traits and experience:
- Passionate about tech for good, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector.
- Proven experience in fundraising and/or foundation relations.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus, and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency in Slack, Google Suite, Notion, and HubSpot.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail. Doesn’t make low-effort mistakes.
- Growth mindset and proactive problem solver.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment.
- 2+ years of work experience (preferably as a Foundation Coordinator or similar role)
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 401k retirement plan & employer matching
- Office is located in a beautiful national park - The Presidio - with free transit to/from downtown San Francisco!
- Every other Friday is a half day
- Platinum medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Most importantly, input on the office snack order
Note: In accordance with federal, state, and local safety guidelines, this role is expected to be performed in-person, in San Francisco.
Fast Forward is a social justice organization founded on the idea that those with proximity to the problem should have proximity to the power to fix them. Our true north is empowering tech nonprofit leaders with the tools, community, and capital they need to scale solutions for underserved groups, and we know that a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is inextricable from that pursuit. Read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Guidelines to learn how we approach DEI across our investments, community, and workplace.
Fast Forward is an equal opportunity employer.