Content Marketing Manager
About the job
Applications are rolling. To apply, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a letter that explains why you’re so excited about the role, and (3) indicate that you understand the role is on-site in San Francisco, to email@example.com. Include the the words Content Marketing Manager in the subject line.
ABOUT FAST FORWARD
Tech is ubiquitous. Tech solutions for social problems are not. An emerging class of startups is building tech to solve these social problems. They are tech nonprofits. Fast Forward bridges the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits, so they can scale solutions to our world’s most urgent problems.
Fast Forward’s focus areas are its Startup Accelerator, Growth Accelerator, and partner programs that engage the broader tech ecosystem. To date, Fast Forward’s portfolio of tech nonprofits have impacted 139M lives and raised $519M in follow-on funding. 86% of the portfolio have a founder who has personal experience with the problem, 66% have a founder who is a woman, and 79% have a founder who is a person of color.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling startups that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact. Visit us: http://www.ffwd.org.
Fast Forward is seeking a creative and experienced Content Marketing Manager to tell the stories of the tech nonprofit sector. The Content Marketing Manager will develop strategy and produce content that raises visibility and shares the impact of entrepreneurs developing tech for social good and the partners who power their work.
The ideal candidate is a driven marketer who has demonstrated success with content planning and production. They are a storyteller at heart who is strategic as well as highly skilled in communication. This position is based in San Francisco, CA; it is a full-time, in-office role (no remote work).
- Dream up and expand our content strategy and establish presence in new channels.
- Produce Fast Forward’s written content. This includes researching and writing engaging blog posts, thought leadership pieces, impact reports, etc.
- Produce What’s Good in Tech, Fast Forward’s monthly sector newsletter (10K+ subscribers strong!).
- Manage and maintain website content (copy and creative), including producing new web pages on an as-needed basis.
- Create content for multimedia projects like mini-documentaries.
- Support the Fast Forward team with day-to-day marketing needs on an as-needed basis.
- Leverage campaign performance, SEO, and other marketing strategies to improve engagement across channels.
- Manage editorial calendar in partnership with VP of Marketing and Programs and Head of Communications, ensuring that Fast Forward’s content is strategically aligned with broader organizational goals.
- Ensure all content moves through appropriate feedback and approval processes, updating stakeholders on progress along the way.
- Project manage video production, including the mini-documentaries we produce for the Startup Accelerator cohort and other videos that highlight tech nonprofits and the partners who make their work possible.
- Project manage design firm to develop key marketing materials for programs.
- Manage and maintain media assets, including Fast Forward and alum logos, photos, etc.
- Manage HubSpot as it relates to marketing initiatives.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for someone with these specific traits and experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in content marketing.
- Passionate about the impact and potential of social impact tech.
- Loves to write and come up with fresh story angles. Has an energetic tone that comes through in their writing.
- Strong writer and editor who communicates in an engaging, clear, and compelling way.
- Strategic thinker who can develop, document, and execute on an impactful strategy.
- Fresh, creative voice. Knows how to use words to inspire.
- Skilled in project management. Can take a project from idea to successful execution (and manage everything that happens in between).
- Strong attention to detail. Doesn’t make low-effort mistakes.
- Growth mindset and proactive problem solver.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 401k retirement plan & employer matching
- Office is located in a beautiful national park - The Presidio - with free transit to/from downtown San Francisco!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Most importantly, input on the office snack order
Note: In accordance with federal, state, and local safety guidelines, this role is expected to be performed in-person, in San Francisco.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are rolling. To apply, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a letter that explains why you’re so excited about the role, and (3) indicate that you understand the role is on-site in San Francisco, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include the the words Content Marketing Manager in the subject line.
Fast Forward is a social justice organization founded on the idea that those with proximity to the problem should have proximity to the power to fix them. Our true north is empowering tech nonprofit leaders with the tools, community, and capital they need to scale solutions for underserved groups, and we know that a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is inextricable from that pursuit. Read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Guidelines to learn how we approach DEI across our investments, community, and workplace.