QA & Release Manager
HiringThing is looking for a QA & Release Manager to join the Product team. This role will include a combination of responsibilities typically associated with Quality Assurance Analyst, Automation Engineer, and Release Manager. You will be involved in developing, auditing, monitoring, and enforcing quality assurance and release management policies and processes. This role will work closely with the Engineering and Product Teams to implement test automation and ensure a high quality product and timely releases.
Successful candidates for this role will be passionate about ensuring quality across our application and platform.
Who HiringThing Is:
We are a cloud-based software company that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012. We are a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. Our company is fully remote with no physical office. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. We meet as a team daily and are required to connect with other teams during standard business hours. You can work from home, a coffee shop, or the beach as long as the work gets done.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Engineering to develop, document, and implement quality assurance and release processes and standards for code through development, test, and production environments.
- Coordinate with Engineering to identify and close gaps in error monitoring and automated testing including authoring tests.
- Develop and maintain documentation for key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities and publish internal and client-facing changelogs.
- Develop, monitor, and report on quality, test coverage, and release-related metrics.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to define and oversee testing deliverables by participating in business requirements review and definition of acceptance criteria and document traceability of business requirements and technical specifications to test cases.
- Lead user acceptance testing efforts to ensure all business requirements have been correctly executed.
- Communicate with external stakeholders to acquire and connect sandbox accounts for testing integrations.
- Serve as the communication hub between the Product, Engineering, and Business stakeholders for project release status and all quality issues.
- Supervise additional QA/UAT resources as necessary/available.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on user acceptance testing, quality assurance, or product management preferably at a SaaS company.
- 3+ years of experience implementing test automation in a continuous integration and development environment (preferably Cypress).
- Familiarity with load testing tools and practices.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of development/project lifecycle and industry standards for user acceptance testing and quality assurance practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, curiosity, and an innovative spirit.
- Ability to cope with a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Independent work ethic.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate well in a team-oriented environment with 100% remote colleagues.
- Ability to effectively convey complex technical information in simple terms to stakeholders who may or may not be technical.
Technologies in Use
- Ruby on Rails
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity for professional development
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- 9 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
- Fully remote environment
- Company equipment provided