National Partnerships Manager
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
EducationSuperHighway (ESH) works to bridge the digital divide by bringing free internet access to households in America's most unconnected communities. We believe that broadband is one of the most transformative technologies of our generation and can provide all Americans with equal access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunities. But every household needs high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality.
ESH was founded with the mission of upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. The pandemic has made it clear that home Internet is essential not only for education. We now have a historic opportunity to connect the 18 million homes that cannot afford high-speed broadband. ESH is an essential catalyst in that effort, building public-private partnerships to identify and connect the unconnected. We are a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial team. We are driven to accomplish our mission with urgency.
Equity is more than a commitment at ESH, it is the foundation of our mission. We are fully dedicated to having a staff who come from communities that are most impacted by the digital divide. We especially encourage people of color, LGBQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply. As an ESH team member you must understand the unique responsibilities and accountabilities of a diversity, equity, and inclusion focused organization.
Up to 25% of the unconnected households in America's most unconnected communities reside in apartment buildings. ESH has launched a program to provide free Wi-Fi access to tenants of apartment buildings who are caught in this digital divide. We are partnering with cities across the U.S. to deliver service. ESH is seeking an experienced national partnerships manager to drive our efforts in one or more cities as we look to scale our Free Apartment Wi-Fi program nationally.
As the National Partnerships Manager, you will be in a highly visible role responsible for the overall success of our Free Apartment Wi-Fi initiative. You will be the face of ESH for a number of key external organizations whose partnership is critical to our work. You will be joining ESH at a time when the problems you solve and the strategies that you develop will have a profound impact on the way that we scale our work. You will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats on a fast-paced, growing team where every day presents a new challenge. Your work will be in service of helping us achieve our mission to connect 18 million households that cannot afford Internet access at home.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage partnerships with organizations including: Internet service providers (ISPs), managed service providers (MSPs), Wi-Fi equipment vendors, and other national/regional associations that could impact this work.
- Create and execute strategies for securing commitments from ISPs and MSPsto participate in ESH’s initiative and State/City broadband grant opportunities by leveraging national and regional partnerships.
- Support the Community Impact Manager to secure interest in Free Apartment Wi-Fi from building owners and foster relationships with property management companies.
- Request quotes and negotiate costs for equipment and services from Wi-Fi equipment vendors and Internet service providers.
- In partnership with the Apartment Wi-Fi Program Director and the other members of the Apartment Wi-Fi team, develop business models for delivering free Wi-Fi to residents in low-income apartment buildings.
- Work with the General Managers to support local Free Apartment Wi-Fi implementations.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and/or partnership management.
- A track record of success in building and managing strategic partnerships with national organizations.
- Experience procuring telecommunications equipment and services.
- Familiarity with the multifamily housing industry a plus.
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading presentations to stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to external partners.
- Superb time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to toggle between big-picture planning and tactical execution.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Passionate about our mission to close the digital divide.
- Job Location: Remote
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary range for this role: $110,000 or $115,000 depending on experience
- Reports to: Sean Gerner, Senior Program Director
- Preferred Start Date: March 4, 2024
At this point, EducationSuperHighway is unable to offer visa sponsorship for candidates, and so this position is open only to candidates with citizenship in the United States of America.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization. We take internal equity seriously and, to this end, we have established specific compensation levels for each role at EducationSuperHighway. Consequently, we do not negotiate compensation at the time of hire. Compensation levels are benchmarked regularly and may result in market based adjustments for specific roles. Staff who are meeting expectations generally receive an annual merit increase.
ESH offers generous benefits, including comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible time away policy, remote work benefits, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and pre-tax deductions enabled for a variety of needs, including a 403(b) plan for retirement savings, and health and dependent care.
We believe in the creativity, connection, and collaboration that happens when people work together face-to-face and we believe in giving people flexibility to focus and balance personal priorities. Although we work remotely, ESH sponsors travel to gather together two (2) times a year in a US-based city.
To apply, please submit a resume detailing your experience. Please do not submit a cover letter for this role and instead answer the two required supplemental questions. Cover letters will not be considered.
EducationSuperHighway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.