How will you be making an impact?
Building great experiences for caregivers and partners.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic engineering roadmap that serves the organizational goals
- Independently scope and lead large technical projects, design architecture, and laying the groundwork for products to evolve and scale iteratively.
- Deliver features in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment, documentation, and maintenance.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving bi-weekly sprints and quarterly goals.
- Ensuring high velocity and code quality of the engineering team.
Build a high quality Engineering team and Culture at Dost
- Uphold our high engineering standards and improve our codebase and processes
- Hire, mentor and grow the Engineering team at Dost
- Work with other senior team members to develop tooling and processes streamlining ops
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have a solid technical background, including 5+ years of experience designing and engineering backend production systems
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- Work well cross-functionally and earn trust and buy-in from co-workers and stakeholders at all levels
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Have at least 1-year of experience leading a small engineering team
- Have experience influencing, planning, scoping, and leading large projects across many teams
- Have a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and think of yourself as entrepreneurial, proactive and self-driven
- Served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- Have experience working in a startup
- Have some experience with Data Engineering
- Everything Data - PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Data Studio, DBT, Airbyte, Spreadsheets
- Telephony & Messaging- Exotel, Ozonetel, Rapidpro, Whatsapp Business APIs
- Everything Cloud - GCP, Apache, Linux/Ubuntu
- We are looking for individuals with strong fundamentals who can ramp up on the job, even if they have less or no experience with our tech stack
How long will the process take?
- Intro round with the Product Lead (20 mins)
- Live Coding and Algorithms round (50 mins)
- Live Design & Architecture round (50 mins)
- Culture fit round with CTO (50 mins)
- Reference checks
The entire process can take 2-3 weeks from application to offer
Perks and Benefits
- Create a meaningful lifelong impact on the lives of lakhs of children
- Generous leave policy
- Unlimited Sick Leaves
- 10 National Holidays of your choice
- 1-week company-wide winter vacation
- mental health leaves
- and more
- Health insurance
- Yearly stipend to spend on your wellness
- Work from anywhere
- Flexible work hours
- Stipend for home office setup and internet
- Credits for working out of cafes and co-working spaces
- Monthly team dinners and Half-yearly retreats
- Compensation - Rs. 18-24 LPA