Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Why you should join our team:
- Our work is transforming the way people in pain access support at their fingertips
- Our work is innovative in the crisis response space
- Our dynamic, fun, and diverse culture
- Our meaningful cause, led by empathy and innovation
- Our strong values at the center of all we do
- Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Our commitment to engagement and belonging
- Our commitment to our employees and their holistic wellbeing
- Our value of work/life balance
- Our growth mindset and prioritize professional development
- Our leaders who truly care
What you'll be doing:
The Marketing & Communications department drives powerful storytelling through marketing campaigns that increase the size and impact of our volunteer community and expand engagement with our core audiences.
You will use your expertise and guidance to make sure the creative staff work together like a well-oiled machine, consistently building genius deliverables and meeting deadlines. You have the dexterity to keep one foot in the trenches and the other to generate big ideas. Ultimately, you know the ins and outs of marketing, advertising and striking connections with all types of audiences.
Crisis Text Line is a fast moving, growing organization with a big vision and a critical mission. To serve our mission and vision, each role must be agile and flexible to meet the needs of the business, aligning their work with priorities as defined by their manager and team leaders.
Creative Process Management - Lead creative process from concept to completion
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams
- Ensure verbal and visual communication and brand standards are met
- Oversee deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Meet with senior leadership to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Support your team and direct reports by setting clear team and individual goals, providing consistent and actionable feedback, and intentionally supporting professional development
- Actively support individual and team racial equity knowledge, and apply understanding through ongoing learning, reflecting and dialogue opportunities
Direct Report Management - Lead your team to achieve results in a values aligned way
- You will have 2 direct reports.
- Lead and direct in the production of all marketing collateral
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training
- Manage and cultivate the career development
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- BA required, MA is a plus
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to exhibit discretion and strong judgment
- Strong understanding of industry trends and creative tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress
- Experience performing or managing a range of creative positions, such as graphic designer, art director and copywriter
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic, and leadership capabilities with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Reliable High-Speed Internet Required: Must have a stable high-speed internet connection to support seamless remote collaboration, virtual meetings, online job tasks, etc.
The full salary range for this position, across all United States geographies, is $103,000-$151,000 per year. The upper portion of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. Starting salary will vary by location, qualifications, and prior experience; during the interview process, candidates will learn the starting salary range applicable for their location. We pay competitively in the tech-forward nonprofit space and offer a robust benefits package.
Only candidates in the following states will be eligible for employment: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA.
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)