Vice President of Product
Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Why you should join our team:
- Our work is transforming the way people in pain access support at their fingertips
- Our work is innovative in the crisis response space
- Our dynamic, fun, and diverse culture
- Our meaningful cause, led by empathy and innovation
- Our strong values at the center of all we do
- Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Our commitment to engagement and belonging
- Our commitment to our employees and their holistic wellbeing
- Our value of work/life balance
- Our growth mindset and prioritize professional development
- Our leaders who truly care
What you'll be doing:
Crisis Text Line's mission is to promote mental well-being for people wherever they are. We aim to make crisis support available to a global audience. Our technology powers our US operations, as well as those of our international partners. To grow this impact worldwide, we need an exceptional Product leader who can define the strategy, roadmap, and execution plan that will drive our next generation AI-enabled global enterprise SaaS platform.
As VP of Product, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of human-delivered, technology-enabled crisis support. You will work across the organization and externally to define the strategy that brings our platform innovation to a global audience, and optimizes the impact of our work.
Crisis Text Line aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that hiring the best talent requires a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures in order to lead to the creation of better products and services.
Crisis Text Line is and always will be a mission-driven company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of our biggest technology challenges and make an impact on millions of users that seek help and support in a moment of crisis.
Crisis Text Line is a fast moving, growing organization with a big vision and a critical mission. To serve our mission and vision, each role must be agile and flexible to meet the needs of the business, aligning daily work with business priorities as defined by managers and team leaders.
Direct Report Management - Lead your team to achieve results in a values aligned way
Product Strategy - Own the vision and plan that propagates CTL’s enterprise SaaS platform and mission to a global audience
ML/AI Leadership - Lead the charge in leveraging ML/AI to accelerate the human-to-human connectivity of our platform
Product Lifecycle Management - Oversee the entire product development lifecycle from concept to launch, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality features and improvements
Stakeholder Collaboration - Collaborate with key stakeholders, including our engineering, clinical, and research and impact teams, and our external partners to gather insights, align on priorities, and drive impact
User Experience - Champion a global user-centric approach to product development, ensuring that the platform is intuitive, engaging, and meets the diverse needs of our global user base
Data-Driven Decision Making - Utilize data analytics and user feedback to make informed decisions, optimize features, and drive continuous product improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of product management leadership experience within cloud, SaaS, enterprise, and ML/AI.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving the product vision, defining the GTM strategy, and leading design discussions.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders, achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
Reliable High-Speed Internet Required: Must have a stable high-speed internet connection to support seamless remote collaboration, virtual meetings, online job tasks, etc.
The full salary range for this position, across all United States geographies, is $185,000 - $270,000 per year. The upper portion of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. Starting salary will vary by location, qualifications, and prior experience; during the interview process, candidates will learn the starting salary range applicable for their location. We pay competitively in the tech-forward nonprofit space and offer a robust benefits package.
Only candidates in the following states will be eligible for employment: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA.
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)