As a fast-growing, but still small nonprofit venture, CommunityShare is re-imagining the relationship between communities and schools. CommunityShare’s mission is to ignite civic engagement and a passion for learning by activating the wisdom and lived experiences of educators, students, and community members. We collaborate with communities to co-create real-world learning experiences that build relationships, shared understanding, and collective agency.
Title: Product Manager
Job Type: Full Time Contractor
Start Date: June 1, 2022 (or as soon as is available)
Compensation: $90,000 - $110,000/yr
What we are looking for…
We are looking for an individual passionate about transforming education who can help us realize our vision through exquisite product strategy and day-to-day product management and planning. This includes managing our product lifecycle, researching and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with our CTO, leadership, engineering and community teams to build and grow our new CommunityShare national platform.
- Lead product vision and strategy in collaboration with the CommunityShare leadership team.
- Partner with the CTO on platform development and execution.
- Create and maintain product strategy & roadmap and communicate it to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an expert regarding our product and become knowledgeable of market developments.
- Lead user and platform research initiatives and analysis.
- Lead the coordination of the product development team through weekly iterations, version releases, and long-term planning, including backlog management.
- Oversee product launches, launch event planning, launch execution and post-launch retrospection.
- Conduct quality assurance testing on platform changes, fixes, and new enhancements.
- Develop core product value propositions, and oversee core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Establish clear product goals, deadlines and tasks for product team
- Develop product marketing materials and oversee marketing campaigns in partnership with the National Learning Ecosystem Director
- Develop product technical documentation and knowledgebase articles for use by internal and external audiences.
- Prepare platform training documentation and conduct onboarding training for staff.
- Provide platform tech support for users and gather data for future product triage and decision making.
- 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- Strong technical writing and marketing skills a must.
- Technical aptitude with experience working with development teams
- Experience in the non-profit or education sector, ideally in EdTech
- Experience in researching and writing user stories and addressing real world customer needs
- Experience working within an agile development framework
- Experience managing and scaling complex products
- Comfort working in start-up environments
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Capability to manage and complete multiple projects and priorities at the same time within a rapidly changing environment
- Self-directed learner who also thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exquisite organizational and time management skills
- Deep commitment to creating a more equitable educational system and world
Submit cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
At CommunityShare we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds and build an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
Description of CommunityShare:
CommunityShare believes that our communities are only as strong as the relationships we weave. Relationships between caring adults and young people centered around real-world learning experiences nurture resilient, thriving youth and communities. In order to realize this vision, CommunityShare developed an online platform that matches educators in schools and out-of-school settings with community partners who serve as mentors, project collaborators, guest speakers, internship hosts, and more. Through both virtual and in-person learning experiences with community partners, students become more engaged in school and their community because of the real-world relevance, discover new career possibilities and expand their access to caring adults. The 3-minute video on our home page and this Christian Science Monitor article offer additional context. CommunityShare was recognized in 2018, 2019 and 2020 as one of the top 100 global education innovations at the HundrED summit in Helsinki. We were recently highlighted by Insights Success magazine as one of the top 10 most “disruptive edtech solutions” in 2020.