Spanish Library Contractor
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup dedicated to providing high-quality literacy instruction to low-income students and students of color to prepare them for success in college and careers. We operate a free online reading program in English and Spanish for grades 3-12 (www.commonlit.org/es and www.commonlit.org) that is used by over 20 million teachers and students. CommonLit Español’s growing Spanish platform now offers over 800 lessons in Spanish used by teachers across Latin America and the US.
About the Role
In this role, the Spanish Library Contractor will work with the CommonLit Español team to write, review and edit Spanish reading lessons and support library projects. We are looking for a native Spanish speaker with 2+ years of demonstrated success as a Spanish Dual Language or Spanish World Language teacher. Applicants should have strong writing and oral communication skills, precise attention to detail, and experience developing high-quality lesson plans. For this specific contract role, CommonLit will pay an hourly rate for training hours completed and then $200 per lesson completed.
- Fluency in Spanish (written and oral)
- 2+ years of demonstrated success as a Spanish Dual Language or Spanish World Language teacher
- Experience reviewing and revising Spanish content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Experience developing high-quality lesson plans
- Strong attention to detail and desire for feedback
- Availability to work 10 - 20 hours per week
- Lived experience or work experience in communities of color
- Write, review, edit and copyedit Spanish literacy lessons
- Develop a strong understanding of CommonLit’s Spanish digital library and how it is organized
- Collaborate with colleagues on the CommonLit Español team
How to Apply
- Please attach a resume and cover letter that describes your experience developing high-quality lesson plans.
Apply by Date
- May 31, 2023
As an equal opportunity employer, CommonLit values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.