Code the Dream
Are you an educator who is passionate about expanding opportunity? If innovation, adaptability, and a dedication to reaching learners from all backgrounds define your approach, then we want you on our team!
About the role: We are seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking, full-time Learning Engineer to actively shape and enrich our online learning environment. The Learning Engineer will leverage their expertise in education to craft an exceptional learning culture within our classes, empowering individual students and mentors, and advancing effective learning practices. It’s hands-on, with the Learning Engineer dedicating at least half of their time directly with students, mentors and curriculum implementation. They will work in close partnership with our curriculum, mentorship, and technology teams to advance our learning ecosystem.
Who we are: Code the Dream is a mission-driven nonprofit focused on expanding tech opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds, including low-income individuals, immigrants, and communities of color. We offer a suite of free tech education classes – from Intro to Programming, React.js, Ruby on Rails, to Node.js/Express. After 8 – 12 months of intensive training with Code the Dream’s online curriculum and mentors, new coders have a chance to join CTD Labs, where they gain invaluable real-world experience as full-time software development apprentices.abs, where they gain invaluable real-world experience as full-time software development apprentices.
In this position, you would join our classes team. Reporting to our Program Director, your main focuses will include:
- Collaborate closely with curriculum teams to perform regular audits, identifying opportunities to infuse best practices into class content and workflows. This includes frequent coordination with our Volunteer and Data Coordinator to align strategies and leverage data-driven insights.
- Engage directly with mentors and students to ensure student success.
- Devise and implement evidence-based strategies to elevate online student engagement, harnessing the power of technology and learning science. Identify and pioneer new techniques and technologies to enhance the student experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to implement and fine-tune effective learning methodologies that empower students to become proficient self-directed learners.
- Implement mechanisms for collecting and analyzing student feedback to continuously improve the learning experience and address common/recurring student needs and challenges.
- Establish measurable learning and engagement objectives, systematically monitor progress, and adapt strategies to increase student retention, engagement, and mastery over CTD’s course materials.
- Spearhead the development of strategic partnerships and resources aimed at bolstering student support.
Skills and Experience:
- Passion for continuous learning and a commitment to fostering a thriving learning culture, with a demonstrated background or strong interest in engaging with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including immigrants, non-native English speakers, and first-generation students.
- Proven track record in conceptualizing, executing, and evaluating education-focused initiatives.
- Strong background in online education, focusing on unique learning strategies and engagement techniques. Experience in creating content and strategies that are inclusive for all learners, including those with diverse academic backgrounds and learning needs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, enabling management of multiple tasks and projects. Adaptability in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Online Learning, or a related field or equivalent real world experience.
- Tech or bootcamp experience is preferred (and will be helpful), but not required for this educational experience focused role.
Salary & Benefits Include:
- Salary range for this position is $50,000 – $65,000; compensation also includes generous benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a number of factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Comprehensive medical benefits. CTD covers 100% of employee health insurance premiums and 50% of premiums for spouse/domestic partner and children.
- Generous holiday and vacation benefits, and an annual tech stipend.
- Fully remote and flexible work setup in a kind, supportive community!
Code the Dream is an equal-opportunity employer. Candidates of color, women, immigrants and those from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you can do the job but you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. At this time, Code the Dream cannot offer visa sponsorship.
Application Deadline: We review applications continuously. Apply early for priority.
Start Date: As soon as the candidate is available.
Location: Fully remote, headquartered in Durham, NC at American Underground (a Google Tech Hub)
How to apply: Visit https://codethedream.org/job-openings/ to submit your cover letter and resume.